Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am undertaking the audio install this weekend but my sub wont be in yet, after removing the factory sub there is a ton of room under the drivers rear seat and I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the JL stealth box installed so I can see how much room I have for my amps etc.

Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't have pictures, but I just did an install myself. I use a 1/2" piece of carpeted plywood as my amp rack. You can mount it to the wall behind the rear seats. It's basically the same setup Jumbo Jet uses here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/132437-kenwood-boston-install-complete-pics/

The only difference is he's not using the JL Audio Stealthbox. Since the 8w7 in the stealthbox fires towards the rear wall, you should cut the plywood off where the sub will be. I can't give you exact measurements since I discovered this once the amp rack was in place, and I had to cut it in the truck. Not fun. Just build the amp rack so it goes all the way across the rear wall and to the floor, cut out the holes for the seats to attach to the wall, and then cut out a hole on the driver side part of the amp rack equal to the width and height of the sub.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts