Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diving to the gfs house yesturday I looked at my dash and saw a check engine light, flashing VSC and traction control lights. From what I've been reading on this, its most likely the air induction pump right? Glad I have the 100,000 mile warranty. So far it hasn't gone into limp mode as some have reported. It revs normally and I dont feel an power loss.

I have 37k miles on my truck and it is very well taken care of. No one but Toyota has done service on my truck and have never been over once for a tune up so I'm hoping longo Toyota doesn't give me any problems fixing it.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Yeah, sounds like the makings of an AIP-type problem, but hope it isn't... let us know what it comes back as and sorry this has happened to you... glad you have the extended warranty though!

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Oh WTF?!?!? Man, I am worried about these damn pumps!!! Whatup Jason? :)

·
Banned
444 Posts
take it to, autozone or somewhere and get it checked out. I will say though, a OBD-II scanner is a great investment.

One thing I may add, is you don't really know what it is. could be Random misfire, Could be a injector, Could be induction problem, you just never know.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
^^I carry one in the center console.. :D

·
Banned
444 Posts

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
You still get all those codes???

·
Registered
797 Posts
Isn't it also the symptoms of UniChip??

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Your probably not going to be happy cause the extended warranty doesn't cover the AIP system. But I just saw your mileage so you good to go, AIP system coverage is 5 years/60k miles. If its just the pumps then disconnect them and go. Only an open valve failure will cause limp, outside of the pressure sensor or AIP control module going bad.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the CEL and other lights were still on this morning on my way to work. I called longo and told them what i thought it was due to the symptoms. They told me to bring it in to be sure and as long as i have the extended warranty I would be fine.

Getting into my truck after work, started her up and nothing! no more CEL or any other lights (except for my damn TPS light, its always on). Strange. Im gonna have them take a look at it when I get my next oil change in a week or two.

What's up franky!

·
Banned
444 Posts
You still get all those codes???
Just the Cat's, because I cut the rears off and put on magnaflow's. Haven't had time to install the o2 emulator.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Your probably not going to be happy cause the extended warranty doesn't cover the AIP system.

If you have the Platinum warranty, this is not a true statement. I can't speak for another warranty but the Platinum from Toyota does not exclude the AIP's. Not sure which warranty either is talking about but wanted to set the record straight. Hope that helps some and good luck with the issues.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
"joined an elite club yesturday!"

After the rest of us start racking up the miles, will this be such an elite club?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Your probably not going to be happy cause the extended warranty doesn't cover the AIP system.

If you have the Platinum warranty, this is not a true statement. I can't speak for another warranty but the Platinum from Toyota does not exclude the AIP's. Not sure which warranty either is talking about but wanted to set the record straight. Hope that helps some and good luck with the issues.
That is what I've read from several different people from here to Tundratalk, ToyotaTUndraforum. That is what dealers are telling customers who have the problems and have the 100K warranty. We've got a warranty seller here so maybe he could chime in and authenticate your position.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Your probably not going to be happy cause the extended warranty doesn't cover the AIP system. But I just saw your mileage so you good to go, AIP system coverage is 5 years/60k miles. If its just the pumps then disconnect them and go. Only an open valve failure will cause limp, outside of the pressure sensor or AIP control module going bad.
Sorry havent been on here in a while...you said disconnect the pumps...does that affect anything and how do you do that?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Its already been confirmed that the Platinum Warranty will cover the AIP issue....

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I've read somewhere on this forum that Toyota extended the warranty to 5 yrs/60,000 miles on those pumps.

And if you're Tundra is registered in California it is warranteed to 5 yrs/60k miles also cause it is an emission control device.

Somebody can verify.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 2010 today had the VSC, Check Engine light turned on. I just rolled 29k Miles. My horn quit working last week also, so i guess I will take it in find out what is going on. I hope this is not a problem with it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts