Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys and girls...I havent been on here in awhile...Life got in the way but just wanted to post that I just joined the 200K club. Rolled it over on the way to work this morning. The Beast is still running GREAT !!

I also wanted to mention that the tires on my truck are still alive too....Firestone Destination A/T's ..I have 98K on them and will go over 100K on them...I cant believe it ...what great tires!! I do virtually all Hwy miles ( about 200 miles per day comute.) .Westfirld MA to Danvers ( thats past Boston)...and the Mass Pike isnt exactly a pot hole free road. ( ANYONE hiring in Western MA???? I HATE the comute !!! and want to work closer to home!! )

Well thats todays update...awaiting my Recal notice in the mail...we'll see what happens.

Best to everyone with their issues.....

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Nice to hear you are still out there. You sure have the ride being good to ya.

** I remember you from our New England meet a couple of years back. Hope all is well back there.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
...I just joined the 200K club....

I do virtually all Hwy miles ( about 200 miles per day comute.) ...
That's crazy. Especially in a Tundra where the mileage isn't so great... Wow. But we all gotta do what we have to do, especially in these times.

Regardless, hearing of these long mileage Toyotas is part of the joy of ownership with these vehicles.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Really, really good to hear as I'm here in MA too and just rolled over 100K since new in 2004 so I have a way to go to get to 200K but very good to know that you've done it here in MA.

Anything you can share maintenance wise or any repairs you had to have done?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went over 100K in mid-november and am looking forward to the 200K mark. Also, I probably won't buy any other tire other than the Firestone Destination A/T's. I absolutely love them. They are holding up extremely well and did great offroading this past hunting season.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as Maintinance goes...I just run the Mobil1 Synth 5-30 and change it every 6K. I do do a flush and fill on the diferentials about every 30 k..( synth also) and just run the NGK/Denso standard plugs.

What amazes me most is the Tires....they still just run and run !!

I use to 'lightly' off road the truck, but the MASS Pike is considered ' off road ' too with all the pot holes....

I will DEFINETLY buy another toyota when this one goes....but till then, I'll keep running her !!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Good info MATRDguy.

I'm the same, M1 OW30 every 5,000 and diff's every 30,000 and same plugs every 30K I believe-whatever the book tells me.

Michelin LTX M/S here and they have lasted me at least 50,000 so far.

The truck has been incredible and 200K is proof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts