Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas today I to let my tundra go and trade down for an inexpensive suv to help get me through a rough spot in my life. I'm trying to go back to school to finish what I started plus a host of other hardships have set me back facilitating this decision. Just because I had to let it go doesn't mean that I will be a stranger and not stop by and visit with you guys. FWIW I ended up with a little suv to tide me over until I can get back on my feet. I couldn't feed that v8 any longer and it really saddened me to let her go.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sorry to hear about your rough patch, puff. Keep your chin up. Maybe when you come back youll be in a fancy new rock warrior!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good luck man, thanks for all your knowledge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck.
"It takes a real courage to understand where a man stands. if he knows what his priorities are, he will conquer them. When that happens, a new door will open to new opportunities." quote by some unknown wise man.

That opportunity could be a Bigger Better Tundra in the future.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Damn Puff, hard to hear and even more bummed to know you're having a rough time in life. Hope you do stop in once in a while. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon and you'll be back in a Toyota truck. Best of luck to you old buddy.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,139 Posts
Hang in There! It'll get Better!!! It has to!!!!!!!
BTW, I know what you mean feedin' the V8. I was putting 600 plus miles a week on the Tundy. Ouch$$$$

·
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys I appreciate your kind words. On a bright note I filled up my little escape today with the needle on 1/4 tank and it only took about 10 gallons. That would only fill my tundra's empty tank up to the 1/4 mark. Right now my focus is on finishing my degree and living frugally until I do. I really can't say what I'll be driving later on in life except that it will have to be built in America for me to buy it. This marks a change in philosophy for me because some of my own buying decisions have led me to where I am along with millions of other Americans. FWIW about 1/3 of our population is currently unemployed and many of them have no job because we allowed our manufacturing to leave and go overseas.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
I hear you on going back to school. My job has been stagnant for almost the last 10 years. I need to get my MBA and possibly start my own business or become a manager; preferably the first over the latter.

I'll be keeping the truck and buying something more economical but sporty to save gas.

Good luck Puff. We wish you the best.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Good Luck, Puff. I am beginning to come through the other side of a rough patch myself - I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel.

God Bless;
Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
^^What all these stand up guys said! :tu: Been thru a divorce & other drama, it will get worse, then get better. All I know, my results were based on my attitude. Keep it positive & the rest of life will follow. Good things to come! Taking care of your immediate needs & recognizing you needed change, is a positive move. Set the goals high, but reachable. Good on you & best of luck mate!

·
Registered
188 Posts
You certainly got your priorities right. Once you're over this hump, all will go well and there will be another Tundra in your life.
Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Just saw this thread. Sorry to hear of your challenges, but, I also know from experience there is a brighter future ahead.

Stay with the plan, stay positive, and before you know it....better days are here. Best of luck going forward. Of course, check in and let the gang
know how you are doing from time to time.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I know the feeling. I bought my 01 cuz I needed it for work. I bought it when gas was $4+ a gallon and work was slow. It drained my account and I was paying for school. Noooo fun at all. All my checks went to insurance gas and tuition. Everything will pick it and u will be rolling back like u were before. Chin up and push through.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts