Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2010 Taco Double Cab yesterday. It's the long bed TRD sport. It had a scratch on the bumper getting fixed and XM installed. Should pick it up on Monday. Any words of wisdom on things to look for (particular to the Taco) when I go to pick it up? Thanks.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
No advice from me... How about, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
have fun with your new toy !

first thing i would do is get a "pop n lock" or at least the "hose clamp mod"
as anyone can remove the tailgate in 30 sec !

then if you are going to use the cargo bed to haul?
i would do the ";d ring bed bolt mod" so you can get 6 strong tiedowns on the bed for hauling bikes or whatever, the side rail tie downs are only good for i think 200 pounds ;-(
i got my d rings for $5/5 ea + shipping ( worth while to just get 10 as shipping is more than the rings)
Rope Ring With Clip B21 5 for $5.00 - Army Surplus Warehouse - Army Surplus Warehouse use a T-55 to remove the bolts, either bang off the captive washer or a very slight grind will allow it to come off, add d ring washer and bolt back on ( do one at a time to keep bed alignment) my d rings have a several hundred pound load each the bed is slick so a bed mat is nice, i cut out a hole for access to the d rings. they are the same height as the mat so do not interfere here is a old pic

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Just purchased a 2010 Taco Double Cab yesterday. It's the long bed TRD sport. It had a scratch on the bumper getting fixed and XM installed. Should pick it up on Monday. Any words of wisdom on things to look for (particular to the Taco) when I go to pick it up? Thanks.

I have a 2009 Taco DCSB, 4x2, TRD, OR and love it. The size is perfect for me and easy to park.

I must admit that I do miss the power of the 5.7L in the 2007 Tundra that I traded in.

The only thing that would make this Tacoma better is the engine option of the 4.6L. ... :devil:

PS .. Make sure to do the *stainless steel hose clamp mod on your tailgate hinge (to prevent theft of the ultra-light tailgate).
.... * Best $2.00 and 10 minute mod that you will ever do on this truck.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Congratulations ..... and my words of wisdom .... don't call it a Taco .... hey, you asked :cool:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts