Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 double cab 2WD. Spectra blue mica. Cloth interior. The dealer I bought from also had a red one on site that had the 20" wheels. I had him swap wheels so the blue I bought had the 20s. So far its nice.

First question, how do I get the tire inflation light to quit flashing? It did not do that with the other wheels so I assume it is due to the wheel change.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You must have TPMS. Only way to get it to stop flashing is to install the TPMS sensors in those aftermarket 20s you have. Do a search on TPMS and you should be able to find some ideas on how it works, and other solutions.

Cheapest solution is to put a black tape over it

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
06 double cab 2WD. Spectra blue mica. Cloth interior. The dealer I bought from also had a red one on site that had the 20" wheels. I had him swap wheels so the blue I bought had the 20s. So far its nice.

First question, how do I get the tire inflation light to quit flashing? It did not do that with the other wheels so I assume it is due to the wheel change.

Congrats on your new ride! :tu:

About the TPMS, the icon will flash if you dont have TPMS sensors in those 20" wheels OR since those wheels are from a different Tundra theyll have a different VIN programmed to them.

If the 20" wheels you had them switch over have the TPMS you should take it back to the dealer and have them program your VIN to those TPMS then the light will stop flashing.

If they dont have the TPMS sensors do a search, theres been some threads where people disable the sensor all together when they get aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
welcome to the club. congrads on your new sweet ride.
anything you want to do, i'm sure 1 of us has done it.
so we can be a open book, to help guide you, if you wish.
if those are a texas edition, X-SP edition, etc... ::: rims,
those come with the TPMS values already installed.
what they would need to do is program them into your ecu.
if not, there is a way to disable the light. that info is here.
now, start your mod's, i'm a little jeolous.
you can opt for the turbo, since you are just starting out.
maybe you just want to leave it stock. thats more than o.k.
it's fine just the way she is.
pictures would be nice, but not neccessary.
i'm sure you will love this pick-up.
easy, turn key, shift to D, & go.
you can check on the only recall, at the dealership. balljoint.
but i'm sure it was done already, that was a while back.
gorilla

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just not working for me at the moment. I have had 4x4s in the past (toyota 1/2 tons) but was selling my 90 runner with 230k miles and wanted the DC tundra in blue mica. Took a while to find any local to me in that color but chose 4x2 since it was close. Turns out I really could use the 4x4, and I just cant get used to the size of the tundra. Im short and find it hard to see out when I drive and back out of spaces. Now im also building a house and really need the extra cash to get the house right.

I love it otherwise and will keep it if no takers but the extra cash per month would help me a lot on the house project,

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
sounds like you should be looking into a tacoma. the second gen v6 models (05+) are only 9 less HP than the original tundra v8s (and more than a ford base V8 until 2008). they are about the same size as an access cab tundra. if you want even smaller, look for an 04 model or lower

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
just realized this thread is 7 months old.
yes but the OP announced he was going to sell by posting in this thread which brought in the new comments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts