Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these Pro Comp 7166 wheels, what do you guys think.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I love it man! Not too much black

·
Registered
598 Posts
I got those on my truck, but they don't have the black in them. I think they are the 6066's. I like the black. Wonder if I could paint mine? Second thought, chrome is probably a pain to paint.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Simply awesome!! Congrats!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks great man - that truck would look sweet with a color-matched grill surround, since you're going more with the white-on-black look --- IMO

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys. I am thinking of doing a color matched grill surround. I was also thinking of maybe line-X'ing the front and rear bumpers, what do you guys think about doing that?

Also, I have 285/55/20 BFG's, I was thinking of going up to 305/55/20 BFG's or maybe 33x12.5x20 Toyo MT's. What do you think?

Also, I think I may do the black headlight mod as well as paint the red part of the tail lights black.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I am thinking of doing a color matched grill surround. I was also thinking of maybe line-X'ing the front and rear bumpers, what do you guys think about doing that?

Also, I have 285/55/20 BFG's, I was thinking of going up to 305/55/20 BFG's or maybe 33x12.5x20 Toyo MT's. What do you think?

Also, I think I may do the black headlight mod as well as paint the red part of the tail lights black.
Looks great! I say go for the color matched Line-X on the bumpers for sure since you have a white truck and the grille surround is up to you since you do have chrome wheels. BHLM for sure! I love the fender flares; are they from TRDSPARKS? How much?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was actually thinking of Line-X'ing them black.

Ya, got them from TRD Sparks for around $400

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I was actually thinking of Line-X'ing them black.

Ya, got them from TRD Sparks for around $400
I don't know about doing them in black because you have to worry about the blacks matching. The white seems to look much better IMO. Another member has his bumpers Line-X'd in white and it looks great! But heh, black might look great too........

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts

I think the 305's would look great - I have them on the stock 20's in 305/50 and they are "just-right" width-wise. Personally, I don't like the line-x on the bumpers. To me, it always looks "dirtier" than the rest of the truck, and it won't shine like the rest of the paint... and I'd definitely NOT do it in black, but maybe that's just me (it's your truck!).

I'd either leave the front & rear bumpers chrome, or have them professionally done with a clear-coat, or maybe even a powder coat. It would probably be around the same cost as the Line-x, and look better. Again, that may just be my opinion, cause I know some guys like the more "rugged" look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice! Good color balance!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tough looking tundra.--- Those wheels look good on white!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Sweet ride!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts