1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
nice!! now find me one in sand beige and i'll be happy too haha

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Looks sweet and a spot on match, good job.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Wow looks awesome!! I want one!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
huh... I didn't know they made those !?! What will they think of next!?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got a stupid inquiry. I have a 08 Limited Sequoia with leather interior and i would swear that my stock console lid is vinyl, not leather. Either I need to check it better or i've been robbed. :confused: I just assumed it was vinyl. I'll give it the "sniff" test later.:D
Are the leather lids just on a certain trim level?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I replaced mine in my 07 dc as well. The stock vinyl is crap. The passenger seatbelt will gouge it in time and the material is so cheap that it doesnt repair well, and I repair leather and vinyl for a living........So, I recovered it qwith a matte finished vinyl....black to match the rest of the console and dash and doors. It is pretty easy, right over the top of the factory material. I need to post pics of my stuff! Ahhh! Busy Busy!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Cool .

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Reviving an old thread.

I just spend a week traveling with friends in their 2011 Sequoia Platinum, and that real leather console lid sure looks a lot nicer than the plastic one on my Tundra - and it slides too. I have been searching online for a red rock one from a Sequoia, but so far no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a source for parts like that? Nothing on fleabay so far. :(

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a hunting dog (gsp) that usually occupies the backseat of my CM Limited. Not sure if my console is vinyl or leather, I think it's pleather. I'm trying to find a way to protect it and the black plastic section behind the lid hinge from his claws. I sometimes strap him in with a harness, but not always. Anyone have a good idea for a cover/protector? (please restrain from lecturing me about a dog loose in the backseat).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Too bad they don't just come in leather...you would think that if we paid the premium for leather seats they would give us a leather console from the get-go...but then again they did cheap out in mid-2010 with the courtesy lights, vanity mirror lights and the sliding console altogether, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Just means another mod we all get to do at some point...I've always hated my vinyl console...

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do you remove the lid? Or more specifically remove the bottom side of it? Can i get to it by removing all of the Phillips screws around the perimeter on the bottom side? One of the rubber bump pads on the underside is missing and I want
to replace it to keep the lid from rattling but didn't want to start removing those screws it there is a another way. It looks like the molded center may snap into the rim where the screws are. My CM is a 2011 without the sliding console lid.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 19 of 19 Posts