Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the N Fab Pre Runner on my Tundra. Everything went well until installing the pre-runner to the bracket. The holes and the thread did not line up so the screws were getting stripped and bent.

Here's what we ended up doing. Getting a bolt smaller than the threading and attaching a lock washer with nut to secure. I thought it was a easy to bolt on bar... I was wrong. Hopefully Nfab sees this and know next time to put the bolt through the nut and tack weld it so they know that the bolt can go through.

·
Registered
513 Posts
you better double nut those bolts, those lock washers do nothing if they are not tight... and the lock washers go on the nut not the bolt side of things.

to double nut put a second nut on and tighten ageist the 1st nut as hard as possible

you might also want to consider putting grade 8's in there being that you went smaller in size

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
I want to get one of these for my truck once it gets out of the body repair shop. Kinda a shame that it doesn't fit with the products that they give you though:td:...Hopefully N-Fab fixes this problem...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the looks of it. Is it possible that the problem is a 2007-2009 bar with a 2010 truck? I have no clue, so I'm just wondering.

I'm looking into getting one as well, what was the rest of the install like??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm...no laughs from the situation jokes...huh? :confuseda:
Eh good one but I've heard all the NJ Shore jokes already, they played themselves out... On a side note: I was in HI in May and boy there are a lot of pickups there!

you better double nut those bolts, those lock washers do nothing if they are not tight... and the lock washers go on the nut not the bolt side of things.

to double nut put a second nut on and tighten ageist the 1st nut as hard as possible

you might also want to consider putting grade 8's in there being that you went smaller in size
The bolts are smaller, I did go with grade 8's for the smaller bolts but the middle bolt was the bolt that came with the bar. Thanks for the tip!

I like the looks of it. Is it possible that the problem is a 2007-2009 bar with a 2010 truck? I have no clue, so I'm just wondering.

I'm looking into getting one as well, what was the rest of the install like??
The only difference between 07-09 to the 2010 is the plastic cover. We notched a hole so the bar would go through the cover. This issue is with the bracket, the hole does not line up with the nut that they welded on.

The install was ok, the instructions sucked it would have been nice to include photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts