Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a smoking deal on Rims, tires, bed rug and tonneau cover! Can't wait to get it all in. I was about to order the Bilsteins as well, but after looking through seriously every pic on the interwebs of Bilstein lifted Tundras I decided 2.5" was .5" to 1" too low for me.

So I think I'm going to go with the OME coils and struts and I think I'm going to order the 614 model, its 10mm longer than the 612 I believe. Anyone have any experience with the 614 on a 2WD? Hows the ride? I hate mushy, Cadillac type suspensions. I have a 9.5 ft. long chopper if I want that feel. I want a firm, planted feel that doesnt jar but lets you feel the road. I drive out in the desert a lot. So its offroad abilities will be welcomed, but if it rides like crap on road then I'm going to have to go with something else.

Here's what I ordered:

KMC Skitch 18x8 (need black lugs for this, do I order 14x1.5 spline types? And do I just install the TPMS straight into the KMC's? I have SR5 wheels)

295/70R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Beg Rug

Access Vanish Tonneau

Can't wait for it all to arrive! :bounce::headbanger::jimi:

·
Registered
270 Posts
What was your deal on the bedrug? I just ordered one from AutoAnything for $398. They have a low price guarantee, so if you found it for less...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
OME is a good setup, but if you're really using it offroad in the desert I'd stay away from the 5100s UNLESS you relocate the bump stop. The shocks will bend at the base when bottoming out (not a daily occurance but if you don't have enough of a bump stop there to take it, then it can happen).

I run my OME's down Alabama roads every good while and they handle 10 times better than stock. My buddy's Jeep with Fox shocks feels slightly better, BUT there are a lot of variables to it.

If you're running these suckers hard, and can afford a good set of Kore, King, Fox, Camburg, SAW coilovers, then I'd say do those! However, if you got a budget of $500... Nothing wrong with OMEs.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts

295/70/18s are the tires I'm runnin'

And the Bilsteins are a good shock, no doubt about it.

But you achieve lift with a longer and stiffer coil than just relocating the shock mount. That's the way I wanted to do it since I like the name OME and had a heavy brush guard on the front (going back on soon enough maylon! haha). But, with that said, the coil rate is 680 for stock and 740 lbs for the OME. It'll ride stiffer and handle a bit more flat in the corners.

-rockstate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts