Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant wait to get them installed along with an add-a-leaf and shackles in the back. puttin 37s on in about a month.. doing it the right way NO BODY LIFT!!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
sweet, post some pics when ur done. i've seen guys with 37's here in hawaii but they stacked a body lift on a suspention. all street queens imo, but looks pretty sic. i too want to go higher but do not want to body lift.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Top shelf pick, I like!!! Pics as soon as possible!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pics will be up the day i get it done haha but ya i havnt done anything low budget so far so doin it right... sucks is a lot of people are on 37s now... was kinda flirtin with the idea of doin a body on top of all this bc obviously the front end cant handle anymore... and do 39s or 40s... have about 3 weeks to figure it out lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
:rolleyes:you will not fit 37s without SERIOUS cutting into your truck, you know that right? im talking, no fenderwells. no AC, relocated brake booster, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, and even firewall clearancing. why not try it with 35s? they are plenty big for that lift. I am planning the same thing and am doing 295/75/16 (33.2 dia).

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey chris i dont think your gonna be able to clear thirty sevens man. when i had just the six inch lift my 35s were rubbing on inclines. I say you do my setup and go 40's. I just my 37s last weekend and i wanna go bigger now. its up to you but im my opinion add more lift

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input but ill be able to clear the 37s will 8"... Have a buddy that has the 5" tc and just stacked a spacer n the front and runs them fine. I can see if I was just getting the coilover but I have the 5" tc with 35s already.... I am likeing the 40s idea but I won't do a body so no go. And unlike most people on here with 37s I actually take my truck through mud weekly so it still have to function decent. Thanks again for the input guys.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the add-a-leaf and camburg uca made it in today but the ivds havnt made it yet hopefully by friday.... im done with school the 21st then headed back home to put everything on. found an awesome deal on some cooper stt 37s for a little over 1k which ill be able to get for my 35s now if i decide to go that route. may do some cosmetics sidesteps cai unichip and 37s later... all in good time.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
and then......the M.A.Dness keeps going and going and going....Good luck with the install, again thats one killer set-up you got!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha itll have to end when i graduate just trying to get all i want done before it comes haha but thanks man def a work in progress but really glad how its coming along

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just finished up my last exam, headed down to my buddys house after the clemson game. hopefully ill have it on by wed. at the latest and will post picks for you guys. kinda bad news on the 37s decided to get a black lab for a bird dog so ill have to wait on the 37s maybe christmas but the extra lift will still be nice.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Okay bud, it's now Thursday night. Where are the pics?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The add-a-leaf is on and coilovers are on but camburg really came through and sent me a damn tocoma uuca for the left... So waiting to get those on tom. And will get the pics for u guys

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the add-a-leaf is on the coilover are on but camburg sent me a freakin taco uca so I have to wait till they come in tom before those go on then will deg post some pics for u guys..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry it took so long and the pics are bad but here you go. and to run 37s all i have to do is crank the IVDs all the way down and put a 1" bigger block in the back. hopefully once i get back from the beach ill place an order for the tires.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
:rolleyes:you will not fit 37s without SERIOUS cutting into your truck, you know that right? im talking, no fenderwells. no AC, relocated brake booster, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, and even firewall clearancing. why not try it with 35s? they are plenty big for that lift. I am planning the same thing and am doing 295/75/16 (33.2 dia).
He has a drop bracket...the tires are effectively under the truck rather than to either side :lol:...otherwise, yes. Tfyrtoy (sp) did that with a Camburg race kit, I think...it's in the Offroad section...firewall tubbed back, main harness grommet moved, the works. Really it's only feasible with a long travel kit or solid front axle, where the hub can move out, forward, or preferably both...or the tire hits the frame.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He has a drop bracket...the tires are effectively under the truck rather than to either side :lol:...otherwise, yes. Tfyrtoy (sp) did that with a Camburg race kit, I think...it's in the Offroad section...firewall tubbed back, main harness grommet moved, the works. Really it's only feasible with a long travel kit or solid front axle, where the hub can move out, forward, or preferably both...or the tire hits the frame.
you may be right on the long travel and you would know better than me, but im pretty sure i can get away with it. im goin with a 37:12.5,17 so its not going to be any wider. I have a buddy who stacked a leveling kit on tom of his tc lift and runs them with no problems. im at about 7 1/2 inches in the front right now with the coilovers and the cv angles are no where close to overextending. it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to do a body lift but i cant stand them and think its the stupidest mod you could do. hopefully in about two weeks ill have the 37s on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts