Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my new Camry SE. I chose white with the 2.4 VVT-i, Automatic Transmission. The only options that I wanted was body side moulding and floor mats. I used the email approach and sent my letter to 12 different dealers within 250 miles of me. I ended up getting what I feel is a good price, $20,933 out the door before T,T&L. I don't have a trade because I sold my Tundra outright so this was a cash deal. This price is actually less than most of the used SE's are going for around me. Supposed to be here in 2-3 weeks as it is slated to be built. I can't recommend the email or fax approach to buying a car enough. Check out Fighting Chance New Car Buying Guide - Buy or lease a new car with our car buying guide. Get new car invoice prices for most all vehicles. Buying a car? Don't do it without this car buying guide. I didn't buy there program but I used their approach and it worked well. Here is the letter that I emailed the dealerships:

My name is _____________. I am looking for a Toyota Camry SE, 4 Cylinder with Automatic Transmission. The only options that I want are Carpeted Floor Mats and Body Side Molding, White, Red or Silver in color with Dark Charcoal Interior. I have contacted Landers Toyota Fayetteville, Toyota of Northwest Arkansas, Magness Toyota, Caldwell Toyota, Jim Norton Toyota Tulsa, OK, Riverside Toyota of Tulsa, Doenges Toyota, J. Pauley Toyota, and Reliable Toyota Springfield about the same vehicle. I am ready to purchase with cash in hand, and I am ready to drive this car off your lot by this weekend. I will purchase from the dealer that provides the lowest, best and final out the door offer. I am using this method because I am very busy and do not want to waste your time or mine. Thank you for your time and I hope we can make a deal.

Sincerely,

By using this method I saved $1400.00 off what the local dealer was offering. Maybe this will help someone else out. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just ordered my new Camry SE. I chose white with the 2.4 VVT-i, Automatic Transmission. The only options that I wanted was body side moulding and floor mats. I used the email approach and sent my letter to 12 different dealers within 250 miles of me. I ended up getting what I feel is a good price, $20,933 out the door before T,T&L. I don't have a trade because I sold my Tundra outright so this was a cash deal. This price is actually less than most of the used SE's are going for around me. Supposed to be here in 2-3 weeks as it is slated to be built. I can't recommend the email or fax approach to buying a car enough. Check out Fighting Chance New Car Buying Guide - Buy or lease a new car with our car buying guide. Get new car invoice prices for most all vehicles. Buying a car? Don't do it without this car buying guide. I didn't buy there program but I used their approach and it worked well. Here is the letter that I emailed the dealerships:

My name is _____________. I am looking for a Toyota Camry SE, 4 Cylinder with Automatic Transmission. The only options that I want are Carpeted Floor Mats and Body Side Molding, White, Red or Silver in color with Dark Charcoal Interior. I have contacted Landers Toyota Fayetteville, Toyota of Northwest Arkansas, Magness Toyota, Caldwell Toyota, Jim Norton Toyota Tulsa, OK, Riverside Toyota of Tulsa, Doenges Toyota, J. Pauley Toyota, and Reliable Toyota Springfield about the same vehicle. I am ready to purchase with cash in hand, and I am ready to drive this car off your lot by this weekend. I will purchase from the dealer that provides the lowest, best and final out the door offer. I am using this method because I am very busy and do not want to waste your time or mine. Thank you for your time and I hope we can make a deal.

Sincerely,

By using this method I saved $1400.00 off what the local dealer was offering. Maybe this will help someone else out. :)

So you special ordered a base SE 4cyl auto and its going to coming in 2 to 3 weeks. :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, The car was already scheduled to be built, just going to a different dealer. They did an electronic trade and my car will be shipped to my dealership. 4 Different dealerships in the area all told me the same thing and same time frame. I ordered the base SE because it comes very well equiped as it is. I didn't want the 6 disc changer and sunroof. I also got the 4 cylinder for the extra fuel mileage and the fact that I couldn't spend that much more to get the V-6. I will let you know when it comes in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
By using this method I saved $1400.00 off what the local dealer was offering. Maybe this will help someone else out.

Hey, I got myself an SE V6 loaded with every option except nav, and and MSRP price was roughly $30,500. But i have a friend who is working in the main toyota office here in Portland. She had reffered me to her friend who is a sales guy at a dealer where i had shopped for a Scion before. Anyways, i met with this guy, mentioned my friends name, and i got a smoking deal on the car. The price went down to roughly $27,700 which comes out to exactly $500 over invoice price. So it was about $2,800 discount. I love my car. Love the V6. Lots of power with good gas milage, I'm averaging at about 21-22 mpg in the city, 29-31 hwy.

If anybody in my area wants to meet with my sales guy, e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wouldn't pay $500 over invoice at this time. Maybe something less than invoice.

They were only $300 over invoice the first week they came out over a year ago!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSRP on this car is $23,209.00 and Dealer Invoice according to KBB.com is $20,622.00 they quoted me the price of $20,933.00 out the door which includes a $249.00 dealer paperwork fee. So if you deduct the processing fee that makes the car $20,684.00, which is actually $62.00 over dealer invoice. This is the best price I found in the Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma area. Other parts of the country may have better prices I don't know. I am happy with the deal! I did find out today that the white one they said they could get in two weeks has the ash interior. They can order mine with the charcoal interior and said it would be here in six weeks. What's a couple more weeks to get exactly what I want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I finally got my Camry SE. It took a little longer than the dealer originally told me. They first said they could have the car in 2-3 weeks, but it turned out that they weren't able to trade for it because the other dealer already had it spoken for. Anyway they ordered mine and it took about 6 weeks to arrive and was well worth the wait. This was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I can't recommend the email/fax method of buying enough (See above post). When I arrived at the dealership, we looked the car over and test drove it. Then we sat down with the paperwork, signed a few document and we were out the door. There was no more negotiations, no high pressure tactics etc. Great buying experience and I would recommend Jim Norton Toyota in Tulsa OK to anyone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, I finally got my Camry SE. It took a little longer than the dealer originally told me. They first said they could have the car in 2-3 weeks, but it turned out that they weren't able to trade for it because the other dealer already had it spoken for. Anyway they ordered mine and it took about 6 weeks to arrive and was well worth the wait. This was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I can't recommend the email/fax method of buying enough (See above post). When I arrived at the dealership, we looked the car over and test drove it. Then we sat down with the paperwork, signed a few document and we were out the door. There was no more negotiations, no high pressure tactics etc. Great buying experience and I would recommend Jim Norton Toyota in Tulsa OK to anyone.
Enjoy your new ride.:tu:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did almost all of my dealing via email also, which worked out fantastic. Much less hassle, much less rush.

I contacted a bunch of local dealers through edmunds.com, and got quotes. I went into one to test drive, and declined to commit on the spot. I emailed him that afternoon to talk price, but had to take my own car back in for a trade in evaluation (I didn't have it on the first trip).

We negotiated money via email, commited to a price and I just went into to swap cars and sign papers. Very simple, quick, painless. loved it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there
I got my camry SE 4 cylinders with Sunroof, Alloy wheels, Fog lights & rare spoiler – I didn’t bargain much I ended up on $22,275 – I don’t know I did in okay price or not I went for basic LE which comes with standard features but I like this with sportiest look.

Further I need to install Body Side molding $87.60, mud guard in $53.00 and all weather floor mats in 72.00 from authentictoyota dott comm. Does any one has experience with this site – I contacted to dealer just for side molding he said will charge $280 + tax I thought let try do by self Is it good idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm about to try this approach to get a 2008 Camry Hybrid for my wife. I wonder how long it will take to get one...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got my 07 SE with JBL,Spoiler,Sunroof, floor mats, all weather floormats, and sport petal covers, in magnetic grey, it is a 4 cyl. I really love the car, my teenagers couldn't believe that it is a camry, and they want to drive it (not).

I have 2 questions to everyone that has a sport....do you have a problem parking in parking lots with the front bottom spoiler thing (I don't know the technical term) hitting the cement rectangle things (again don't know the technical term), It seems low....it seems that you could also scrape it pulling into a driveway over a curb. Also, do a lot of you have the door guards...I'd like them for protection, but my kids say they wouldn't look good....any comments?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just got my 07 SE with JBL,Spoiler,Sunroof, floor mats, all weather floormats, and sport petal covers, in magnetic grey, it is a 4 cyl. I really love the car, my teenagers couldn't believe that it is a camry, and they want to drive it (not).

I have 2 questions to everyone that has a sport....do you have a problem parking in parking lots with the front bottom spoiler thing (I don't know the technical term) hitting the cement rectangle things (again don't know the technical term), It seems low....it seems that you could also scrape it pulling into a driveway over a curb. Also, do a lot of you have the door guards...I'd like them for protection, but my kids say they wouldn't look good....any comments?
I have my SE dropped lower than stock and I have no problems parking. Door guards look so bad IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts