Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas - I just switched from an 02 Double Cab w/175k miles to a 2008 Crew Max TRD w 20k miles. Definitely an upgrade!! I love the ride and of course the room. I'm actually getting pretty good gas mileage compared to my old one. I got the small V8 in the new one.

Only comment I have thus far is that the interior material scratches pretty easy and the seat belt indicator is driving me nuts!! I'm working on that though :cool:

I have been going through the forums and see alot of great mod's and pictures - just wanted to share in my excitement of my new truck.

Has anyone experienced the melting of the surrounding adhesive (looks like black foam) around the bottom of the windshield? I have a spot on the dash right at the bottom of the windshield that appears as if the glue has melted a little bit (been 100+ here during the day).

Good day guys!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Whats up fellas - I just switched from an 02 Double Cab w/175k miles to a 2008 Crew Max TRD w 20k miles. Definitely an upgrade!! I love the ride and of course the room. I'm actually getting pretty good gas mileage compared to my old one. I got the small V8 in the new one.

Only comment I have thus far is that the interior material scratches pretty easy and the seat belt indicator is driving me nuts!! I'm working on that though :cool:

I have been going through the forums and see alot of great mod's and pictures - just wanted to share in my excitement of my new truck.

Has anyone experienced the melting of the surrounding adhesive (looks like black foam) around the bottom of the windshield? I have a spot on the dash right at the bottom of the windshield that appears as if the glue has melted a little bit (been 100+ here during the day).

Good day guys!
Congrats on the new pick up!!!! I have not experianced that issue, not have I heard about it.....

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
You will love your new truck. Congrats and post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
754 Posts
dude welcome to the fellow 08 club...I bought my 08 about 4 weeks ago I think myself....very sweet and get alot of compliments on the truck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - I will try to post some pics soon. Looks like the typical white stock TRD crew max. I love this thing so far - the ride is soooo much better than my last Tundra and I hope for the same reliability. I need to do some mod searching - I have some ideas that I know others I'm sure have done. First thing is to change out the stock interior lights which seems easy enough.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the Gen2 forum! Get those dang pics up! Doesn't matter if it's still stock - it's yours, it's new (to you) and these threads are worthless without pics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts