Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighbor came up to me about 10 minutes ago and said holy crap nice truck... he said he was thinking about getting a new truck and when i pulled up in my driveway he said he never knew the new tundra would be that big... hes a big time ford guy... i tell ya though... hes switching to a toyota pretty soon after that ahhahaha

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have had several neighbors tell me the new Tundra is a great looking truck. One of them said his next truck will be a new Tundra. He has a GMC now. He really likes the profile of our new Tundra. I agree, they look nice, but then I am biased. I own one. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice job. A friend of mine has a 06 Taco 4 door and he and his wife stopped me the other day when they seen me coming down the road. He wanted to check my new ride out. his first words were "Holy crap that thing is huge". Then I showed him the back seats and he couldn't believe how much room was back there. Then I showed him the motor and he was still astounded, to be honest the motor impresses me every time I look at it. Finally I let him and his wife sit in it (his wife drives the wheels off of his taco). The next work day he told me his wife said that they needed to trade their taco for one like mine. :)

My son also told me today that his middle school teacher (who is a major hottie BTW) said she loved my new truck. Oh well thats nice but I can't offer her a ride since I am married. i did tell my son to ask her if she wanted to be his step-mother. LOL

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Nice job. A friend of mine has a 06 Taco 4 door and he and his wife stopped me the other day when they seen me coming down the road. He wanted to check my new ride out. his first words were "Holy crap that thing is huge". Then I showed him the back seats and he couldn't believe how much room was back there. Then I showed him the motor and he was still astounded, to be honest the motor impresses me every time I look at it. Finally I let him and his wife sit in it (his wife drives the wheels off of his taco). The next work day he told me his wife said that they needed to trade their taco for one like mine. :)

My son also told me today that his middle school teacher (who is a major hottie BTW) said she loved my new truck. Oh well thats nice but I can't offer her a ride since I am married. i did tell my son to ask her if she wanted to be his step-mother. LOL
I'm single and will offer your son's hottie teacher a ride on a couple weeks when I get mine...Just let her know that she needs to wear a short skirt since I won't have step tubes/boards.:D;)

I wonder if I can convert my Uncle, who insistrs on calling myt 2004 Taco a girly truck...hmmm

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Woody, is it just me or did I catch the "ride on" reference correctly?:D :tu:

·
Registered
324 Posts
So far, in the past 10 days, I've had quite a few spotanious chit chats at gas stops, parking lots etc. about my new Tundra. My brother-in-law is looking at a crewmax now for him & the family. Here in L.A., where any new vehicle, especially one so highly anticipated, get tons of looks, rubber necks and attention, mine has gathered countless. I'm like, yeah, it's pretty sweet huh? lol. I practically feel like a Toyota salesman, cuz' I always end up showing people everything about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't like my new Tundra. The first comment is always "damn that thing is big." I'm like - "yea that's what she said." :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man... No BS... I live in a tiny neighor hood maybe 20 homes. I drove my 07 DC home from the dealership last thursday (after a months wait) and this morning driving to work i say one just like mine park 3 houses down from me and a Black DC 4 houses down from that one. :eek: Thought I would be the Bada$$ of the neighborhood for at least a week. :cool:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man... No BS... I live in a tiny neighor hood maybe 20 homes. I drove my 07 DC home from the dealership last thursday (after a months wait) and this morning driving to work i say one just like mine park 3 houses down from me and a Black DC 4 houses down from that one. :eek: Thought I would be the Bada$$ of the neighborhood for at least a week. :cool:
yea its usually the case... thankfully i live in a middle class neighborhood that cant stomach the price of a 46k dollar truck because of housing prices here in socal... so i have at least two weeks of being mr bada$$

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've gotten quite a few comments on mine as well.

There's very few in my area (so far anyways) and the first thing people say is "is that a Toyota! wow, those are BIG now!". Then they usually ask if it's a 4x4 and say that it looks low for a 4x4.

So far I haven't had one negative comment on it other than the ones I've made myself about the MPG which has increased up to 14.1 after yesterdays calculations. Not quite where I want it to be, but it's improving. :):tu:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've gotten quite a few comments on mine as well.

There's very few in my area (so far anyways) and the first thing people say is "is that a Toyota! wow, those are BIG now!". Then they usually ask if it's a 4x4 and say that it looks low for a 4x4.

So far I haven't had one negative comment on it other than the ones I've made myself about the MPG which has increased up to 14.1 after yesterdays calculations. Not quite where I want it to be, but it's improving. :):tu:
AMEN/////////

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sort of wished I could share the same warm and fuzzy neighbor stories. Ford, Dodge, Ford, Ford, Ford, Chevy trucks are what litter my neighbor's driveways. My Tundra is gawked at like it has leprosy or something.

However the other day at work I walk outside to go to lunch. And three O.G.'s (Oriental Guy's) from our I.T. department are out there looking at it.

I walk over and they begin flexing like Hogan saying 'Big' 'Tundra' 'Yota Truck' 'I-Force' ect...

And I was asked to go watch them run at the next IDR event. Down right warm, fuzzy, unaccustomed, weird feeling it was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts