Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
888 Posts
Nope !
Just GOOGLE* it and theres plenty of consumers long since gone from them.
Still a few knuckleheads running around with their stickers still proudly displayed :rolleyes:
Some even dare to fill their Sig line with it rotf ....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nope !
Still a few knuckleheads running around with their stickers still proudly displayed :rolleyes:
I have a K&N Filtercharger kit in my 01 WS6 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air, I run consistant mid 10 sec timeslipsin the 1/4 all day long when i'm at the track...K&N has never failed its purpose in my race car. Thats just some hardcore personal facts of mine:tu:

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Nope !
Yep, folks like me, who saw improvements, display them in their signature line.

There may be some unsatified customers, but there are plenty who are happy...me being one.:cool:

Can't please everyone 100% of the time.

I'm waiting for the K&N to come out, no matter what TNK says:tu:

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Yep, folks like me, who saw improvements, display them in their signature line.

There may be some unsatified customers, but there are plenty who are happy...me being one.:cool:

Can't please everyone 100% of the time.

I'm waiting for the K&N to come out, no matter what TNK says:tu:
I second that bro...:tu:

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
i would in to true flow filters and intakes..
True Flow

·
Registered
70 Posts
How about installing a k & n cold air intake, is it worth the money? Thank you for any imput.
I put a K&N OEM Filter Replaement in my 01 F150. I instantly realized a 1 mpg increase in fuel economy. Since i drive about 50k miles per year, this saved me a ton-a-gas. It actually worked out to saving about 1 tank per week. Don't know about power output increase.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ive always been pleased w/ my K&Ns Ive had in the past. Worked well on my 98 GMC and 04 GTO.

I will probly run either the AFE or TRD on this truck though.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Theres a reason why K&N doesn't advertise 25HP increase any more.
Dynos dont lie especially when you get 27,000+ Customers in your face with the "Nationwide" PROOF !

Personally I would have preferred to have gone all the way with the Class Action Suit myself LOL!!
It cost them,they changed it and thats all that matters.
ZOOM,ZOOM,ZOOM ..................:rolleyes:

:ts:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Theres a reason why K&N doesn't advertise 25HP increase any more.
Dynos dont lie especially when you get 27,000+ Customers in your face with the "Nationwide" PROOF !

Personally I would have preferred to have gone all the way with the Class Action Suit myself LOL!!
It cost them,they changed it and thats all that matters.
ZOOM,ZOOM,ZOOM ..................:rolleyes:

:ts:
rofl, dude any cold air intake with an aftermarket cat-back will go ZOOM ZOOM !!!

advertisements of 20-25HP gains are true BUT you will ONLY see those gains on a dyno with quite a few mods or some form of forced induction. thats when a cold air intake really wakes up.......the gains are way lower with an un-modded motor or no forced induction. With my LS1 motor(as you are no stranger to it according to you) when i'm at the track and i spray my 125 shot N20 my K&N becomes a vital part of the whole forced induction factor......that is when i see the advertised gains :tu::tu: BTW, if i had a paper filter in at the trap speeds that i run my LS1 it would indeed slow me down some, possibly as much as 1/10 of a second.........and in drag racing that is alot. So that is why i say i like my K&N and it has always done its job !!!

I'm also going to wait for K&N to produce a cold air intake for our Tundra's....i plan on getting my 5.7 close to 500HP without any internal motor work.:eek::eek: As I move ahead with this project I will dyno all mods step by step

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm also going to wait for K&N to produce a cold air intake for our Tundra's....i plan on getting my 5.7 close to 500HP without any internal motor work.:eek::eek: As I move ahead with this project I will dyno all mods step by step
:tu: Looking forward to seeing that, I have something similar in mind.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
:tu: Looking forward to seeing that, I have something similar in mind.

Awesome !!!!!! My cousin is a speed shop garage owner and a well known tuner......we are currently doing some massive research on the new tundra's 5.7 :D First, we will be doing some pulls on the dyno to get us baseline numbers. I'll be posting results when i get a chance, my cousins dyno is pretty booked up leaving me limited time to get "project Tundra(500HP)" on a roll......but since i get to use the dyno for free i won't complain ;););) I'm interested to see what this motor is really capable of...

Sandcruiser goodluck with your project as well, please keep us updated on any progress bud :eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sandcruiser goodluck with your project as well, please keep us updated on any progress bud :eek:
Will need to take delivery of my tundra first but i will definately let you know when I start modding it!:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I gave up on K&N after I bought a FIPK for my 94 Z28. It was a PITA to install and all it did was make a lot of noise. The True Flow kit for the 4.7 in our Tundra/Sequoia's looks promising. I may have to try one in my 01 Sequoia. Any input on this unit?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts