Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yea.. got a 06 DC 4.7L.. bought the K&N intake that utilizes the stock box..

straight up sux.. hahaha

so i ripped off the carbon filter off the stock box... and now it idles funny...

anyone tried this and got the weird idling too??

i reset the battery... tightened MAf.. bolts... everything.. kinda throwin me off here...

:angrywife:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I would put the stock toyota filter and inner filter which I think your referring to. disconnect the battery terminals and let it reset. Throw that K&N filter out. I think that will solve it.

Chris

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I would put the stock toyota filter and inner filter which I think your referring to. disconnect the battery terminals and let it reset. Throw that K&N filter out. I think that will solve it.

Chris
What he said

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Yeah what he and he said and what the other guys will say too....:bathbaby:

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I say the same.

not really. How long ago did you do this? Whenever I reset my computer(I don't even bother anymore) it idles funny for a while. I've actually had it stall out on the first trial run more than once after coming to a stop. It's not a good feeling but it does go away. I see no reason why you should have trouble but here are a few things to check.

Is everything tight? Make sure the hose clamps and vac lines are snug, don't need air leaking in after the MAF and throwing off what your motor really is sucking in.

Did you oil that filter up? They come pre oiled, and don't need anything. What you don't want is too much oil.

Did this kit come with a tube/runner? If so did it have a spacer for the MAF sensor? It is critical to have a proper seal in this area. I had split my spacer once when playing with a K&N tube and it leaked in air, causing funny idle. A lil glue and some tucking and problem was solved.

Now, I can agree with everybody else and say toss the K&N, you won't miss it. But again, I don't bother resetting the battery if I change the air filter, your truck will find its own parameters on its own. If you changed something drastic, like added headers or super charger then that's different but for what you did it isn't much help. Just means resetting your radio stations and clock, who likes that?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
totally..

its the K&N filter thats all concave... the one that comes with the kit.. yea.. the only thing i did was take off the carbon filter... reseted battery.. - and + for hours... same thing..
I really hate drive by wire... soooo prefer throttle cables..

but yea.. the idling comes n goes.. everything is tightened... i guess i'll keep you guys updated.. i'll give it some time...

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Why mess with the inner intake box liner? There are only a gazillion threads about the k&n drop in. I used one on a previous truck and I'll never do it again. The stock box and paper filter with a straight tube rule.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts