Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I just received my nav system (DNX7120). I want to do the bypass before having it installed by a qualified installer but I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. Please refer to attached picture and confirm if it's correct. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You may have found an answer by now, but you can connect the light green wire to any common ground point anywhere behind the radio. It doesnt necessarily have to be the ground wire on the harness. It might even be safe to say not to use the ground wire on the harness in case there is a voltage spike through the radio. I did it with my DDX-812 and I am able watch iPod and DVD movies driving or parked.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
You may have found an answer by now, but you can connect the light green wire to any common ground point anywhere behind the radio. It doesnt necessarily have to be the ground wire on the harness. It might even be safe to say not to use the ground wire on the harness in case there is a voltage spike through the radio. I did it with my DDX-812 and I am able watch iPod and DVD movies driving or parked.
depending on the system yea that will work on mine i have to ground out the cell mute wire and do a 2 wire bypass..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.