Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed (themselves) a KNA G510 unit to there existing Kenwood HeadUnit. I have a Kenwood 6019 Headunit and I just ordered the Navagational kit. It takes a SD card and there are recent upgrades free of charge on Garmin's website. I was just wandering how user friendly it is and where you installed the unit and antenna. It appears as though you hook up 3 wires, (red, yellow and ground, plug parking brake wire- which will be grounded), plug harness into back of HU and run antenna and its a done deal. Any feedback greatly appreciated

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I installed the unit last nite. It works like a dream. The GPS has WASS and it was accurate to 4 feet in my driveway. The controls are easy to use and the voice commands are very clear and precise. I am so happy with this unit and it makes my Kenwood 6019 complete.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Small point, it is WAAS (Wide area augmentation system). The 2.5 billion dollars system (and still going up!!) that the FAA paid for the benefit of aviation. To bad it is almost a complete failure for this purpose. Great for our consumer level GPS users though!

Well, I installed the unit last nite. It works like a dream. The GPS has WASS and it was accurate to 4 feet in my driveway. The controls are easy to use and the voice commands are very clear and precise. I am so happy with this unit and it makes my Kenwood 6019 complete.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what WAAS is, Justme, I mis-typed but thanks for your concern. I have been geo-caching for many years now and I own several handheld GPS units.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Sorry, the subject is a little close to my heart. I worked with the FAA product team that deployed WAAS. Glad your system is working great!:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts