Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 DC. Anyone know where the keyless entry control unit is? I am trying to find it, maybe it will have the FCC number on it, that would solve all my whoa's.
I bought two remotes on ebay, replaced the batteries and tried every suggestion known to man several times, it"s a no-go!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the same boat trying to find the controller in my 06 DC SR5 4x4 but have not bought the fobs yet. I read it is under the driver's side dash above the brake and steering column. I looked in my truck and it was not there that I could tell. I had my VIN checked and it is says the truck came with Keyless. I'm thinking it might be under the side panel

My manual says the FCC code for my truck is BAB237131-056 but I'm not sure if I can trust that or not as the manual is rather generic. So the search continues for the controller.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any section in my manual that says what the FCC number is. I bought two on ebay FCC #GQ43VT20T (of course the auction said they would work for 2000-2006 Tundras), but they won't take to the programming, wondering if they are wrong. I pulled off the drivers side kick panel and don't see what I am looking for. May have to pull off the lower left side dash.??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't see any section in my manual that says what the FCC number is. I bought two on ebay FCC #GQ43VT20T (of course the auction said they would work for 2000-2006 Tundras), but they won't take to the programming, wondering if they are wrong. I pulled off the drivers side kick panel and don't see what I am looking for. May have to pull off the lower left side dash.??
In the manual look in the Access Cab section that describes the remotes in one of the highlighted boxes. I want to say page 17 or somewhere around there. I'd be curious what your manual has for an FCC number.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
This should be it

FCC: HYQ12BBX

This should also be its location, looks like it is behind the radio a/c control (area).

2000-2002 take 1 remote <----- it is gray
2003-2006 EXCEPT "D" CAB Take a different remote <-----it is black w/light
2004-2006 "D" cab take different remote <---- it is black no light
Securit is a totaly different animal altogether, those are usually from Toyotas in the GULF states region.

FCC:BAB237131-056 , is the same as my 2002

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake, the manual says BAB237131-056. The remotes I bought are kinda oval not rectangular. ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just punched that FCC number (BAB237131-056) into Ebay, remotes that match my manual exactly come up and say they work for 2003 and 2004 Tundras. It doesn't mention 2005-2006. ???

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
This should be it

This should also be its location, looks like it is behind the radio a/c control (area).

2000-2002 take 1 remote <----- it is gray and OVAL
2003-2006 EXCEPT "D" CAB Take a different remote <-----it is black w/light and RECTANGULAR
2004-2006 "D" cab take different remote <---- it is black no light and RECTANGULAR
Securit is a totaly different animal altogether, those are usually from Toyotas in the GULF states region.

Updated
The oval ones are for 2000-2002
The rest are rectangular
Here is a TSB from Toyota and what fits what.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That TSB is perfect, it should answer pretty much any questions about "which remote." Great job!

·
Registered
10 Posts
This should be it

2000-2002 take 1 remote <----- it is gray
2003-2006 EXCEPT "D" CAB Take a different remote <-----it is black w/light
2004-2006 "D" cab take different remote <---- it is black no light

Thanks to your picture I located the "Receiver Door Control" behind the ashtray. I removed the tray and bracket and had to use a polished up butter knife and a flash light to read the FCC ID. :laser: Otherwise it looks like I would have had to take a good portion of the dash apart.

Major problem. My FCC ID is HYQ13BBL. It doesn't match anything I have read around here and does not even come up on the net in any form. I triple checked the number as the digits were upside down and backwards. lol. So I'm pretty sure that is it.

I'm calling the dealer tomorrow but any more clues? Would the HYQ12BBX work?

KYLE were you able to see yours or get fobs to work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to your picture I located the "Receiver Door Control" behind the ashtray. I removed the tray and bracket and had to use a polished up butter knife and a flash light to read the FCC ID. :laser: Otherwise it looks like I would have had to take a good portion of the dash apart.

Major problem. My FCC ID is HYQ13BBL. It doesn't match anything I have read around here and does not even come up on the net in any form. I triple checked the number as the digits were upside down and backwards. lol. So I'm pretty sure that is it.

I'm calling the dealer tomorrow but any more clues? Would the HYQ12BBX work?

KYLE were you able to see yours or get fobs to work?
Were you able to get the Correct Remote for HYQ13BBL?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Were you able to get the Correct Remote for HYQ13BBL?
Curios if a fix has been found as I also was told I needed fob hyq12bbx. Would not program. Found box and it’s also a hyq13bbl. Can get it into programming mode, but won’t recognize any of the new fobs I was sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts