Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2006 DC 2wd all stock i bought used. It did not come with any Key Fobs. I have the original window sticker( KE1) that states it had keyless entry port installed . The truck was sold new in Panama City Florida. My question is how do i find the right remotes(i need 2) and the correct programming procedure? i have been hunting for over a year now and cant find wht i need. I have went to the local dealer in my area and they told me to forget it and put an aftermarket setup on it. I dont want to if it is alreasdy there and i can find the right remotes. Thanks for your time and great site!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Try advanced search, keywords "fob" and "port". Choose Gen 1 and 'posts', not 'threads'. Several posts from various threads show up.
All else fails, get a simple Viper alarm / fobs installed.

good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the search, was still really no help. The whole point was to not have to install anything else, its already there i just need to figure out a way to get the right controller/ key fob for it.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Try advanced search, keywords "fob" and "port". Choose Gen 1 and 'posts', not 'threads'. Several posts from various threads show up.
All else fails, get a simple Viper alarm / fobs installed.

good luck

I had the same issue when I bought mine. If it starts to look like you are chasing your tail, just get the Viper aftermarket keyless. It's cheap and easy. I chased the "truck has it, truck doesn't have it" rabbit for weeks, with one dealer saying one thing, and another saying the opposite. If you can't figure it out pretty quickly, just go aftermarket and get it over with. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought one last week and had the same issue. My advise is to have the dealer run the vin and give you the printout. It will tell you exactly how your truck came from the factory. I went back to the dealer who scanned the VIN - it had keyless entry from the factory so they quoted me 53 for the fob and 55 to program it. However, if you search, there are a bunch of different instructions on programming out there.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have the 2006 DC, bought it used,, no remote.. ordered one off ebay came with programing instructions,, plus found instructions on web.. no issues,, was 20+shipping. you can do a search and find all over the place. I had it programed in about 10 minutes.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
I have the 2006 DC, bought it used,, no remote.. ordered one off ebay came with programing instructions,, plus found instructions on web.. no issues,, was 20+shipping. you can do a search and find all over the place. I had it programed in about 10 minutes.
His truck came from Florida, (SE Toyota). It has a port installed security system (securikey), not the factory Toyota system. There is a manual for securikey in my photo album. Your best bet would be to contact the original selling dealer and see if he can get you a fob or at least the fcc number of the fob. All Gen1 trucks that came from SET or GST (Gulf states Toyota) that have keyless entry and alarm had the securikey system installed as a port installed option. Do a search for securikey and see what you come up with.

Good luck!

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like we are getting closer. Only thing as i read the programming instructions for securikey it says press the L.E.D valet switch 6 time ,as far as i know i dont have that switch.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Have you tried looking fer the alarm control unit? Places to look are under the seat, under the dash... ;)

Previous owner could've removed the alarm unit... ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as i can tell ther is no alarm just keyless entry . The option code on the window sticker is KE1 if anyone knows about the code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have that remote i orderd it on ebay,it will not work. I do think I have solved the mystery I have ordered a remote and is on the way if it works out i will post what is needed. I even found a PDF with the install instructions and remote programming of the SET system they intall as PORT install (KE1). Over the weekend i found the keyless entry module got the factory numbers off of it and did some reasearch and found the FCC# that is suppose to work with it and ordered a remote off ebay should be here today or tommorow.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have that remote i orderd it on ebay,it will not work. I do think I have solved the mystery I have ordered a remote and is on the way if it works out i will post what is needed. I even found a PDF with the install instructions and remote programming of the SET system they intall as PORT install (KE1). Over the weekend i found the keyless entry module got the factory numbers off of it and did some reasearch and found the FCC# that is suppose to work with it and ordered a remote off ebay should be here today or tommorow.
What are the part numbers and FCC# that you found/came up with? ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok here is where i am . I crawled around and found behind the drivers side kick panel of my truck a square black box that the number 00016 - 0C050-01 which is a "MPX Keyless Entry Control Module". So I googled that number came up with an install pdf that was for a Seqouia, so i figured it cant be that much of a diffrence if the boxes are the same . On the intall PDF is shows a part number of 00016 - 0C060-01( after searching i found the FCC# to be ELVATDD) for the Transmitters which is a 4 button remote, so i ordered one off of Ebay and according to the programming instructions of the install pdf i followed them and cant get it to program to the truck. Now after all that i came back and googled the the keyless entry control module part number again this time with tundra in the search. This time i got another install PDF , this time with diffrent Transmitter Part number of 00016 - 34030-05, i cant track down the FCC# for this part number , if i can find that i think i can solve the mystery. I dont give up easy i will figure this out , its a challange now. Anyone else have any suggestions? Does anyone else have a Tundra from the Southeast Territory that keyless entry , that is PORT INSTALLED ,that can give me the FCC# off of their remote?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally got it to work!!! The remote with FCC# ELVATDD does work and i used the programming instructions that i had posted earlier in the PDF. The remote i have is for the Seqouia which it has a extra button that the trucks dont use. I have orderd another one with out the window button. I think this will solve the PORT INSTALLED keyless entry problem when both remotes have been lost.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Great. Add some 'tags' (keywords) to your thread so it might be easier for others to find your thread in the future. :tu:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts