Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately after only owning a car for about 2,000 miles, my keyless entry remotes are getting very short range. I have to be about 5 feet or less from my Sequoia in order for them to work. I have changed the batteries for borth remotes. Do you guys know what could have happen? It is a new car and it should not do that. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to take it in yet, because I don't have the time. Thanks

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Lately after only owning a car for about 2,000 miles, my keyless entry remotes are getting very short range. I have to be about 5 feet or less from my Sequoia in order for them to work. I have changed the batteries for borth remotes. Do you guys know what could have happen? It is a new car and it should not do that. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to take it in yet, because I don't have the time. Thanks
Your not the only one, not sure why but I wanted an auto starter so I went with Viper and extended range. Had everything from the stock remote added to the Viper remote. Johnnnnny

·
Registered
6 Posts
my range on my keyless is still very well, with its original remote/battery. I have upwards of 30-40 feet where i can lock/unlock/panic/roll the rear window down....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any one else can help me out? I dont' want to take my car in yet because I have installed DVD player and headrest screens. I don't want them to say anything about my system and void my warrenty.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Any one else can help me out? I dont' want to take my car in yet because I have installed DVD player and headrest screens. I don't want them to say anything about my system and void my warrenty.
They can't void your warrenty unless they can PROVE your install caused the problem. Johnnnny

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts