Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2003 Tundra a week ago and would like to say hi as this is also my first post.
Its a sr5 4wd Access cab and so far I love it!

It did not come with a keyless entry remote so I had to buy one off ebay. I was told the ELVATDD would work for my truck.
I've been trying the doior-open-close method and have been able to get into the programming mode (atleast I believe so, the doors unlock and lock as described here: 2003 Toyota Tundra - Free Keyless Remote Fob Entry programming instructions, procedures for all automotive vehicles)

But when I press the lock and unlock buttons of the remote at the same time, nothing happens.
Could it be possible that I got the wrong remote? Whats going on?
Or is there another method I should use?

I figure if the method I used seemed to get it into programming mode, then that is the right method, I've just unfourtunately bought the wrong fob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't checked with the dealer to see if it came with key-less entry, but the truck has all the indicators that it would (security stickers on the windows, security light on the dash, etc.) Ill call the dealer tomorrow to check the VIN.
I figure since I am able to get into programming mode with one of the methods, that I just might have the wrong clicker since it doesn't do anything past that point. I just wanted to confirm to make sure before I send back the one I just bought.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
That fobs FCC code looks like the code for Gulf Coast or Southeast Toyota system (those two regions use a port installed system). Unless your truck came from either of those regions it has a Toyota factory lock/unlock FCC code that usually looks like this set BAB237131-056. That just happened to be the code for my 2004 and there are other codes besides the one I have. Checking with the dealer may be your best bet to find out which region originally ordered your Tundra. If it does have the factory RS series lock/unlock system which I believe would be 2000 thru 2003 a RS3000 series and the remainder years for the Gen 1 Tundra would be a RS3200 series. The receiver for either one is under the dash on the drivers side in most cases and is a SOB to locate but it will have the FCC code required for replacement fobs.

Larry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Larry, turns out you were absolutely correct. I called the dealer with my VIN and they confirmed it was the RS3000. Picked it up at the dealer for $56 and it works just fine. Guess I bought the port installed fob, which I will be returning soon

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Glad I was able to provide some help.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts