Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a used 2000 SR5, the person that I bought it from said she did not have a key fob but she was told that it only needed remotes, I cannot seem to find the security system where you would program the remotes, it’s not by the accelerator and I can’t figure out how to look above the fuse box. I was wondering if anyone had any other idea as or how to tell if my truck even has an rs3000 security system. It has an iLock sticker on the window.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had hell trying to find information where the RS3000 system was. I found mine underneath the panel right below the steering wheel. I believe it is 2-4 10mm bolts and it pops right off. After that, it should be right by the steering column. It’s simple to program once you do find it.

If you need remotes, I have a set of Grey ones that I was going to list since I ended up putting a viper remote start system in my truck prior to using them so they are NIB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SouthPawCo- Thanks for the response, after a few days of searching, I figured out that it didn’t come with the rs3000 system, it has electric door locks so I bought a kit on amazon for $15 that allowed me to splice in a small receiver box that can communicate with a remote. So far it works greats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts