Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another 2004 tundra old was access cab that had factory alarm. It was totaled and I got a 2004 double cab. It had an aftermarket alarm that no longer works , but may be still hooked up. I believe it originally had factory keyless entry. Would that be removed to install aftermarket alarm or maybe bypassed? Bought a fob and would like to get it working.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good luck, I've been chasing this rabbit for two years...lol
Search this site and You Tube for a box full of "programming a fob" adventures... Chap

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2002 AC last December and it came with an original fob, which was flaky. At times, the truck would unlock itself while I was outside. or I'd find it unlocked in the morning. I bought a new fob at a dealership, but they could not get it to program. Eventually, I unlocked the truck with the fob and left the fob in the house. I have accessed my 2000 Jeep TJ with a key for over 21 years, so that's what I now do with the Tundra. Nice not to have that bulky fob or have to worry about it unlocking the truck unbidden.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
My mom, being old and very forgetful, lost both a key and fob for her 2012 Sienna. A buddy has a techstream computer at his house and it took all of 5 minutes to program the chipped key and same for the fob. Both of which I bought off Amazon and the chipped key wasnt even OEM. Dont know about all years but when we plugged the techstream in it clearly listed her vehicle could accept up to 5 keys and 5 fobs and showed how many were already programmed to the car.
Not sure how its possible for any dealership not to do the same. Lock smith should also be able to do it just as easy I would think.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, a Tech at the shop was ready to plug in his techstream to my '02 but he did not have an adapter for the old style plug on my truck... Chap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts