Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2002 Tundra. It only came with one "key fob". I tried two different ones available online that said they were replacements for the BAB237131-022 factory fob. Couldn't get system to program either one. I tried a couple of key-in, key-out click the door lock procedures I found on this site. Returned fobs to sellers after no-help from them.
So here is my question: I do not have a in dash indicator for an alarm system, I cannot find an RS3000 ECU so the little green button programing was not an option???. (That doesn't mean there is not one.)
I am waiting on the arrival of what is claimed to be a "compatible" fob and would appreciate a little help in getting this one programmed correctly. Any thoughts? Thanks, Chap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess my question is: Can the be an ECU Box and RS3000 system without there being a dash mounted security indicator light? I am not getting the system to go into program mode using any of the several different procedures I can come up with.
This post has had lots of views so maybe this issue is more common than I thought??? Chap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is an old post I found that may explain my dilemma. I will dig into it tomorrow? May help someone else dealing with this issue. Chap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I removed plastic and contorted my 74 year old body into positions I don't believe I have ever experienced. Results, no ECU … I'll keep chasing this rabbit until either the rabbit or I surrender... Chap

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Have you thought about doing a search on this site for existing threads about your dilemma and asking your question on one of those threads Chap? It does 2 things. First it might help you find your answer but secondly, even if the answer is not yet out there, posting your question in an existing thread might get you more hits. Members get notifications when there is an update to a thread so even if some of these older threads havent had any new traffic, if a member is still here, they might see it and help you out. All I typed in was RS3000 in the search box and here's a sample of what came up. Again, not saying any of these will have your answer but it might get more attention to your question. And try searching by most recent rather than most relevant, might get more action.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't appear that I have the RS3000 No dash security light and I can't find an ECU box.
Appreciate your suggestion and will dig in deeper tomorrow... Chap

·
Registered
31 Posts
For what it's worth, I didn't want to spend $300 + for a keyless entry when I bought my 01' new. I got an aftermarket unit for I believe around $40 that gave me 2 remote fobs. That lasted about 16 years before the fobs died. I found another aftermarket on Amazon for around $20 that has alarm functions built into it as well. I now have 2 new fobs and flashing alarm indicator even though I did not hook up the horn and lights. I'm expecting this system to last another 15 or 16 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that was another option I was considering. I found a Auto-Stereo-Alarm shop nearby that said they could program the fob for me. I tried one place that tried and said that my system, even though the original fob was stamped Toyota it was actually an aftermarket dealer installed system. That is why there are no security system indicator light on the dash. He referred me to a second shop that assured me that they can get it programmed but that the man that does the programming wouldn't be in until tomorrow.
I considered a $20 Amazon system but didn't want to do the whole wiring adventure if I could avoid it.
I will post my results after I have my visit with the shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The final attempt by the "Professional" to get the remote programed in failed. Guess I will be doing some wiring later in the week. I ordered a system like 01'SRS advised. I am returning the aftermarket fob for a refund and have all my wiring figured out. If the new unit lasts 15-16 years that will only make me 89-90 years old when it (we) quit functioning...lol
Thanks for the input, Chap

·
Registered
31 Posts
double post...
The final attempt by the "Professional" to get the remote programed in failed. Guess I will be doing some wiring later in the week. I ordered a system like 01'SRS advised. I am returning the aftermarket fob for a refund and have all my wiring figured out. If the new unit lasts 15-16 years that will only make me 89-90 years old when it (we) quit functioning...lol
Thanks for the input, Chap
Best of luck to you wiring the new unit. Chinese doesn't translate very well but the wire color references are correct. If I could offer a few key things to remember they would be #1. Be ready to step away from the project for a few hours or overnight and #2. Contrary to my way of thinking, the unit wants a ground to complete the circuit rather than a hot line.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info...It's easy to walk away. I usually spend a lot of time walking in circles trying to remember what I was doing anyway... Chap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts