Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good guide on accessing the kick panel fuse box. I looked in the owners manual and all it mentions is where it is, nothing about accessing it.

·
Banned
444 Posts
It's on the kick panel.. Drivers side, Under dash left side. Two screws hold cover on.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If you need a guide to remove that panel, then its obvious to me you should not be poking around in there anyhow.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
By the way, the fuse box is not behind the kick panel. It is above it under the dash.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
If you need a guide to remove that panel, then its obvious to me you should not be poking around in there anyhow.
my thought too...probally one of the types who should just stick to a dealer doing EVERYTHING like light bulbs, fuses and wiper blades IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
This is what you are looking for:

There is a black cover over it that un-clips. Look up under the dash next to the parking brake.

·
Banned
444 Posts
mendonsy: Whats the purple 30a fuse for? 4WD i don't have that one.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
my thought too...probally one of the types who should just stick to a dealer doing EVERYTHING like light bulbs, fuses and wiper blades IMO.
:tu: .

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
mendonsy: Whats the purple 30a fuse for? 4WD i don't have that one.
You're talking about the big one, right??
It's labeled MAIN1 on the cover. It shows up on page 4 of the wiring diagram as the a main power fuse. The only place I could find that uses it is the power windows.
power-windows.pdf
It might be different because mine is a DC so it has 4 power windows instead of 2???

Attachments

·
Banned
444 Posts
mendonsy: That's odd. Yeh I'm fully loaded Only thing I don't have us power back glass, and memory thing for seat and steering wheel, and back up cam.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts