Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a pair of king 2.5 coil overs for 1st gen tundra. For 2wd/4wd I believe.

I had bought these off a tacomaworld member under the impression that they were for my tacoma Prerunner. Just took them to king earlier this week and had them replace everything that I'd need to get mounted up and a nitro recharge. (One of the spherical bearings had play, and a spacer on one side was missing.)

Didn't find out they were the wrong shocks till I had everything on jacks and oem shock and strut out. these are the wider top mount pattern for the tundra so I was having issues trying to line up the holes. Spent a good while trying to figure it out if it was me or if infact they were different shocks.

Like I said. They are ready for bolt on. No uca/lca rplacement needed. I'd rather have these find a good home than have to buy the lighter coils and change valving, change top mount piece, and other work involved in making these work.

price drop: SOLD . - I want shocks for my truck already. :p

$$SOLDor tacoma 1st gen long travel components, tundra rear end, or tundra disc brakes would be things considered for trade.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is where I realized that the mounts weren't right. And a buddy of mine confirmed with me that he had no issues at all of lining up his upper shock.

image.jpg

·
Registered
415 Posts
That is a good deal on a GREAT shock. I'm really impressed with my KINGs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good deal on a GREAT shock. I'm really impressed with my KINGs.

Yeah, I wish they would have worked for my taco. Someone pick these up so I can get some for my tacoma! :crazy3d:

Would like to sell locally, but I will ship if you pay shipping. Located in oc/la area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it were my taco, I would drill out the hole and use a nice G8 washer and nut. Those c/o's would be sick on a taco.
They actually are the same exact shock.

I was was considering that before when I first found out. But the holes are so close, that the top mounts would be bored out. And I wouldn't want anything to move around from the play.

The the tacoma shock is the same shock as what I'm selling, but I'd need a different spring, top mount, and have to revalve for the smaller truck..

Too much work and $$.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are these extended travel ones to be used with an aftermarket UCA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are these extended travel ones to be used with an aftermarket UCA?
I was told by king that if or when I bought new uca's that they could take out the spacer inside and get more stroke out of the shock. But right now they will work with no modification or if you do have aftermarket uca.

In short, no they do not require a long travel setup or uca. They are OEM replacement that perform way better than stock.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotcha. I'm buddies with Donny Eisenhower. If that name rings a bell. Not sure if he's still a member or not. Nice looking truck btw. Do you have a second project cause looks like your shocks are way bigger than these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah gotcha. I figured. Haha your truck looked pretty dialed.

But yeah. I was just with Donny on Fourth of July weekend up in Kennedy meadows. I've gotta give him a call and invite him out to cougar buttes on sept 20-21 for a play weekend. In memorial of my dad who passed last year.

And you're half right, Inherited my dads 2000 TACOMA otherwise I'd totally be using these till I save enough for some long travel.
He always said when he got too old to race he would build a race truck so he could still go fast. So that's what I'm turning his truck into. :)

Happen to have a spare rear axel ya don't need?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ah gotcha. I figured. Haha your truck looked pretty dialed.

But yeah. I was just with Donny on Fourth of July weekend up in Kennedy meadows. I've gotta give him a call and invite him out to cougar buttes on sept 20-21 for a play weekend. In memorial of my dad who passed last year.

And you're half right, Inherited my dads 2000 TACOMA otherwise I'd totally be using these till I save enough for some long travel.
He always said when he got too old to race he would build a race truck so he could still go fast. So that's what I'm turning his truck into. :)

Happen to have a spare rear axel ya don't need?

So sorry to hear about your dad! That's horrible! Now u have to build your taco, he would be so proud.

You know you just might be in luck, I am currently saving up for a rear end so my tundra's 8.4" rear end with 4.10 gears will be for sale. 6x5.5 lug with drums and 3rd member.

Do u have any idea on what long travel kit you would buy? I know a few companies who make some really nice kits. Btf fab in upland, the kit I have is made by them. Also bbm makes an insane race kit pulling 18" of travel. Stay away from total chaos and camburg. Their stuff is over rated and there's way better stuff on the market

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts