Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people... I am a new Tundra owner as of yesterday and have a question.. 2004 w/ King coilovers and I want to have a couple more inches!! Like 2-3.. I have never worked with coilovers so don't know what else I can use to add a little bit more. Rear already has 2" blocks so I think AAL's would work well. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. ... it's a DC 2wd. I searched through the threads but couldn't find this answer. It has 285-75-16 BFG AT's on it now and i am wanting to put something like 34 x 11.5 or something close. I think they're 295-75-16... I had them on my 86 HJ60 diesel wagon w/ the OME lift and loved them!! I putting the tires from my Tundra onto my wifes 85 FJ80 series and getting new for myself. Could use some help though when it comes to what else cost effective I could do to get more lift!!

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
The only thing you could do up front is make sure the coilovers are cranked up all the way. If you add spacers on top of them you will put your ball joints in a bind. if you want a few more inches you will have to do a drop bracket lift. You really cant go over 3" in the front even with a 2wd. You will definatley need more lift to clear those tires you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats not what I wanted to hear.. but it is what it is. I'll have check some out.. any recommendations? I definately do not want to do any body lift stuff!! Thanks for the info!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts