Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned my Sequoia for a few months now, I think I'd like to upgrade the sway bar bushings, as there is simply too much body roll/lean for my tastes. Does anybody know if there is a kit available that includes better (polyurethane) front and rear bushings for the '08 Seq? The front bushings are probably interchangeable with the Tundra, but not the rear...since Tundra is solid axle and Seq is independent suspension. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is from Wheeler's Off Road:
Sequoia Anti-Sway Kit: 23.95
These inexpensive kits are very popular and noticeably improve the sway and body roll of the Toyota Sequoia, making them feel more stable. The kit replaces the factory sway bar bushings on your stock front sway bar. We also include some new bump stops for the front suspension. You will really enjoy the way your truck feels while cornering after installing this kit. Our kit comes with the necessary sway bar and end link bushings, poly bump stops and poly/teflon lube. Easy installation and instructions are included.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is from Wheeler's Off Road:
Sequoia Anti-Sway Kit: 23.95
These inexpensive kits are very popular and noticeably improve the sway and body roll of the Toyota Sequoia, making them feel more stable. The kit replaces the factory sway bar bushings on your stock front sway bar. We also include some new bump stops for the front suspension. You will really enjoy the way your truck feels while cornering after installing this kit. Our kit comes with the necessary sway bar and end link bushings, poly bump stops and poly/teflon lube. Easy installation and instructions are included.
This kit is ONLY for the 1Gen Sequoia.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the correction Ty2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, won't work on an '08...and only includes the bits for a front sway bar...not front and rear. I might need to cobble together a kit on my own. Cheers, Toolman_Johnny

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Prothane 19-1122 looks like it will work for you. The stock bar is 23mm, and I'll mention the stock bushings are a decently hard durometer and pretty wide. So by going poly, I'm not sure how much you will gain... maybe some squeeks.

Do you have air or coil suspension?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Brian,

I know this is an old post, but I have coil in the rear and would also like to see if a stiffer sway bar could be installed on the newer Sequoia's. I tow a 8200 pound plus travel trailer and I'm really pushing the outer limits of this tow vehicle. Also when not towing and getting on the gas in a turn the dang skid control kicks in right away and it can be irritating at times. Too much safety built into all this unleashed horsepower. :) I really think if we could tap into that computer, there is a lot more power to be had just in software modifications.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts