Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Klasse and Zaino are 2 different beasts, and are very good in their own respect.

If you want something like AIO and SG local, for less money try Duragloss #101 (AIO similar) and #105 (a great sealant). The #101 will clean the surface similar to AIO and the #105 looks better than SG, IMO.

Either way you will be happy, long as you dont use turtle wax.;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Zaino just costs so much more and takes a lot of time to apply if done correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Zaino is sorta pricey at first, but you use so little. The ZFX and other things really scare away most people though. That's why I always recomend duragloss on this forum, the same shine, with a little less work, less cost, and local.

Zaino is some good stuff, and Sal seems to know his stuff fairly well. I just hate buying in to all the "hype".

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Zaino just costs so much more and takes a lot of time to apply if done correctly.
The price of Zaino is actually very reasonable. Considering I'm still on the same bottle of Z2 for about a year now. One bottle goes a loooooong way.

There has always been a misconception that Zaino takes forever to apply. Using my PC with a black finishing pad, I can apply an even consistent coat of Z2p to a car in about 15 minutes or less. I never use ZFX because I feel its a waste of $25, so I just let it setup for about an hour and buff it right off. I normally detail the interior while it sets up, or grab some lunch. For me, it couldnt be any easier to use.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
How does Klasse compare to Zaino in performance? I know that Zaino has stellar cust service and shipping as well.:)

Zaino is going to last alot longer than just Klasse AIO on its own. However. the Klasse twins together will give you similar results as Zaino depending on the climate you live in. Here in south Florida we have very harsh conditions and I have yet to find a product as durable as Zaino to keep up with our weather.

Zaino looks good on most colors but on lighter colors it tends to look a little "stale". The twins will give the car a "wetter" look. If I'm doing a white or yellow car for someone, I almost always fall back on the Klasse twins. Klasse AIO and SG will really make a light car "pop". My routine after prep work for light cars is Klasse twins with 2 coats of SG on day one. Wait a week and reapply another coat of SG. One more week and apply a coat of Four Star PUPP. Giving time for all the products to properly bond. The PUPP is what makes everything just come to life, and I have yet to find anything as slick as PUPP. Almost makes the car feel slimy.

If I'm using Zaino, I'll do my prep, then apply Klasse AIO as a base and then one layer of Z2 on day one. Then additional coats are so easy I'll simply apply a fresh layer of Z2 every week or other week. The two bond well together.

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts