Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my Rockstars on for maybe two weeks........bought and installed at 4 Wheel Parts here in Austin.......I'm sure they balanced them. I've had no problems or vibrations. So I just hit 5000 miles and took it to the Toyota dealership for the first oil change and tire rotation(rotation only). On the way home I've got steering wheel vibration between 50-60mph. I got a little warble over 50 and a shake at about 60. I don't want to take it all the way back to the dealership for just a balance so I dropped it off at my local auto shop and they balance the front two wheels(previously on the back I guess) after the dealership rotation. I go to pick it up and he said it took a lot of weight to get them balanced.....he didn't say how many ounces but they had to use the sticky weights on the inside.

Has anyone else using Rockstars or other KMC wheels had to use a lot of weight for a proper balance? It just sucks because I'm gonna have to keep an eye out.....I know these sticky weights won't stay on permanently and they look ugly on the inside of the wheel. Anything else I can do?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I've hear they are hard to balance. My buddy had some in a 24x12 on a super duty that were unbalanced and they rode great at all speeds. I guess its just hit or miss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts