Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what average labor time is to install new rack bushings?

I ordered new bushings from ORW this past week for my 2001 Tundra and I'm anxious to get them installed.

I have read several threads about the install being easy and also some being difficult. Not sure I want to tackle this by myself since I don't have access to a lift and don't want to get everything disassembled while in a horizontal position and then have major difficulties getting it all back together.

I'm sure the dealer would hose me on this since they frown on customers bringing their own parts for a service procedure.

·
Registered
803 Posts
its like an hour, i believe is what we charged at orw back when i was there.so right arond 65-85 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its like an hour, i believe is what we charged at orw back when i was there.so right arond 65-85 bucks.
Thanks, that sounds like a fair amount. This will give me a ballpark number when I get an estimate. Anything beyond your high end number will raise a red flag for sure.

Thanks again for some valuable information. As I have mentioned before, input from members and subscribers on this forum have armed me with knowledge to know what is fair and what is excess.

Best regards

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I asked a few mechanics and have been told that they want to replace the entire rack, not the bushings. Frustrating.

What kind of shop are you asking? I got my bushings a couple of weeks ago and they have been sitting until I have time to put them in. Right now I am busy enough to have more $$$ than time, although not too much of either. I would gladly pay $100 or so to have them put in.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked a few mechanics and have been told that they want to replace the entire rack, not the bushings. Frustrating.

What kind of shop are you asking? I got my bushings a couple of weeks ago and they have been sitting until I have time to put them in. Right now I am busy enough to have more $$$ than time, although not too much of either. I would gladly pay $100 or so to have them put in.

Thanks,

Scott
That sounds about right, however the shop that did the install on my front shocks only charged $150 so $100 would be about right. I have not asked them yet but if they would do it for a C note or less I would jump on it.

Like I said before, at my age and being retired having someone else bust their knuckles is worth it. Plus I can trust them which is worth a lot!

I can handle topside work but crawling around under a vehicle in my garage is tough on an old body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts