Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket gas tanks that will fit the new tundra?
26 gallons is a little small for long trips . ford f150-f250 have 35-38 gallon
tank.
thank you:rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Are there any aftermarket gas tanks that will fit the new tundra?
26 gallons is a little small for long trips . ford f150-f250 have 35-38 gallon
tank.
thank you:rolleyes:

All I have seen are the tool boxes that have a extra gas tank underneath. My friend has one in this 1-ton Chevy 3500 D/A. He is a retired trucker who doesn't like to stop very often. 38 gallons sure would be nice.

Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
As soon as my crewmax arrives it is getting 2 aux tanks. The space over the wheel wells is wasted space on all trucks. A tank on each side to fit over andaround the wheel well will easily double the range, from good to fantastic.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
During Hurricaine Rita, I listened to friends from the gulf coast of Texas tell me stories about sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic for hours and driving by gas station after gas station with plastic bags tied around the pump handles (no gas).

In an evacuation, people take ALL of their cars & trucks because they are loaded up with belongings. Plus, who would leave one of their vehicles behind to get flooded out? So, there are insane numbers of vehicles on the road, impaired fuel delivery, and gas station start running dry.

I'm sure it's pretty scary when you start seeing abandoned cars on the side of the road and people waiting at in gas stations for fuel trucks to arrive. It made me go out to get a couple of 5 gal cans and keep them filled up despite the hazards. I want to be able to get at least 100 miles without needing to fill up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone find a solution besides adding an extra tank to the bed of the pickup? It gets old filling up all the time and when towing it seems like it is a race to the gas station every trip..

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Current tank is getting 8.2mpg.... No towing. i had it in 4x4 for prob 5 miles. Im at around 80miles on the tank and the needles at the halfway point. Good thing i dont drive much and its all city. I cant justify spending 1000bucks on a bigger tank. I might just get 4 gas cans or something

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
There is some thread somewhere where a guy went to a shop in california to get a larger replacement tank.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Apparently there is no such thing as "doing a SIMPLE search." Everyone wants someone else to do the leg work. Sorry but that really IRKS me !!!:flame:
there should be a prerequsite (sp) for posting, it should happen upon signing up with the forum. After getting a user name you should have to perform a search for 10 things you have questions about and until you do that you can not post period. Once you have met this requirement you will then be familiar with the search function and then post to your hearts content but be prepared for the flames when asking the question that has been asked once a week for the last 52 weeks :target: :flame: :flame:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Apparently there is no such thing as "doing a SIMPLE search." Everyone wants someone else to do the leg work. Sorry but that really IRKS me !!!:flame:
That's why I don't do it. But I will help someone who has tried. sometimes you just need the right word to search on

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I agree that helping someone is fine AFTER they've tried to search on their own...but im sure that with only 4 posts...he COULDNT have tried. Id like to have one of those tanks too, they are PRICEY though!

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I started this thread a couple years ago about my experiences with the Transfer Flow 46-gallon tank.

Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts