Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's just a little taste...;) Hope you guys like it. My sincere appreciation to "JOTARO". You are the MAN!! Thanks for all your help.:ts: I love them...

BEFORE

AFTER

CLOSER LOOK AT SPEEDO

Check "Jotaro" write up on how to do it. It's very informative :)
Orange + Red?? Yuck!! (How to change gauge colors)

·
Registered
355 Posts
That looks great...only downside is that the other places that are backlight are still orange...but a great looking job...might be something I'll look into...if i can figure out how to change the other ones too

EDIT: I don't think I'll be doing that after looking at it...far more work and I wouldn't want to screw up my gauge cluster...although his white did look good

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man that is great did you have to solder the LEDS in or do they just pop in? Where did you get them and are there any darker colors of bule?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I definately want that, if I can get the rest of the interior light to match. But it looks sweet!

Got pictures of the entire dash (gauges, radio, etc.) just to see the overall look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks great ... Where did you get the LEDS from and how hard is to do if I have never soldered a day in my life?? Do the needles really reset by themselves?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definately want that, if I can get the rest of the interior light to match. But it looks sweet!

Got pictures of the entire dash (gauges, radio, etc.) just to see the overall look.
That looks great ... Where did you get the LEDS from and how hard is to do if I have never soldered a day in my life?? Do the needles really reset by themselves?
DOC: I don't have an entire dash pics because I gonna wait 'till I install my Alpine head unit. I'll keep you posted.

DEGE: Click on the link below my speedo pic. Read the beginning of the posting in TN by "JOTARO", and you shall see how's done. Yeap...the needles reset themselves.:D

Links for the LED's
Here's for the white one:
http://www.lc-led.com/View/itemNumber/97

and here's for the blue one:
http://www.lc-led.com/View/itemNumber/98

·
Registered
187 Posts
That looks so much better. Reminds me of Lexus. Oh wait, Toyota owns Lexus, so why the hell did they not do this already in the Tacoma?

·
Registered
319 Posts
For some reason I can't see the pics???? Could you PM them to me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Do you have an email address for him? I'm not a member and don't really want to register, but I would like to have this done! I'd like to talk to him about doing the rest of the interior that lights up!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Looks pretty good. Be extremely careful of the intensity that you use. Why do you think aircraft instrument panels use mostly red lights? To maintain pilots night vision, and it cuts down on glare. If you introduce white lights, or anything else that is brighter then red, without taking in consideration of their brighter intensity it just means its going to effect your eyes ability to adjust. This isnt too big of a concern if you only drive in a city where your eyes are subjected to headlights all the time. But if you are on the highway with no one else around its nice to have the dash as dim as possible while still being able to keep an eye on your speed and fuel and be able to see silhouettes of coyotes or whatever beyond your headlights.

Since quite a few are doing the mod, its not going to be different for very long.

For some info on night vision:
The Eye and Night Vision

In the 04 Tacoma the high-beam indicator really ticked me off, it was too darn bright to the point of being annoying, so I ended up putting a piece of tape over it. I wouldnt want to have to put a big piece of tape over the whole dash :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, that looks really trick, i cant decide if i like the blue or the white better...
It seems you have a Indigo Ink Pearl color truck, right?? :confused: I think blue is more suitable color to match the paint. Either way you wanna go, it will be just fine. :tu:
If you are interested in doing this mod; I can hook you up with my buddy who helped me do the color change. Send me a PM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts