Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that the little rubber pads in between the leaf springs are missing on my truck, the dealer wants $12.00 each and their is 8 of them ,does anyone know if these are available through any where else

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Is your leaf springs squeaking a lot? If not, I woulnd't worry about them. If you are insistent on getting them, look for leaf spring pads. Almost any offroad online retailer will have them. 4wheelparts.com, summitracing.com. You might as well check ebay as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wouldn't worry about them either. Mine all fell off too and I rode for 40,000 or so more miles like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i actually have a noise coming from the rear when i turn into a drive way and thats the only thing i can see wrong in the rear suspension

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
i actually have a noise coming from the rear when i turn into a drive way and thats the only thing i can see wrong in the rear suspension
Can you describe the noise? Is it coming from the left or right side?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I get the same bang when pulling out of a driveway with a slope. It almost like the bed is shifting but really is the leaf springs moving or shifting weight from one side to the other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The noise is coming from the right rear exactly like the dutch man described , a large clunk , it never does it while driving straight, the weight of the truck has to transfer to one side

·
Registered
111 Posts
I checked my truck this morning as I had a broken leaf about a year ago. All looks good so I hit the leaf springs with a bit of Boeshield, hoping that would lube it up and the wax layer would stay on the metal for a while.

I'm also starting to wonder after shaking the spare tire if that may be what we hear shifting and hitting the frame when the weight transfers and the frame flexes?

·
Registered
564 Posts
You can always try lubing between the springs w/grease and a putty knife. I had that clunk for a while and the grease stopped it for about a year or so but it came back and a second application didn't do all that much. Maybe i didn't put enough on or other pads fell off. Mine was a clunk when the chasis was shifting while turning also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts