Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am placing my order for a DC 5.7 TRD package Tundra this week. I already have added a couple options like rear sensors and fender flares as well as tube style steps. Should I go with the leather or not? It is the Slate Metallic, with Black Cloth so far. I just cant see putting 1450 in leather. What do you guys think?:td: :tu:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My preference would be cloth. The SR5 cloth in black looks pretty sharp. However, I saw a Red Tundra Limited yesterday with tan leather, and it looked awesome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like the leather, however you definately slide around alot with it(especially in the back). I have the Slate Metallic with the red rock leather interior. Personally, I love the contrast as I was tired of the clinical grey leather look (like my 00 Land Cruiser had). The leather seems quite durable (more so than my land cruiser), and it cleans up well.

Good luck in your decision.

Cheers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't know they had fender flares for the 07. Does anyone have pics or a link?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I love leather it's great if you have dogs the hair doesnt stick to it, or if you hunt or finsh or ATV, and you get wet it doesnt soak into the cloth you just just wipe it away, any outdoors person need leather. IMO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Upgraded to leather in my 04 4runner and was the worst decision I ever made. Slippery, cracks if not cared for, hot, cold but does resist dirt and spills better. On my new Tundra I never even thought about putting leather in it. Spend the money on something else for the truck like the floor liners and a spray in bed-liner.

Where the hell did I miss the fender flares as an option? My Dad's 03 looks great with those compared to those without. Can someone post a pic?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Leather :td: IMO. It's way too hot/cold depending on the season. If you're worried about dog hair, cover the seat with a towel.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Fender flares are added @ the "ports" (distribution centers) post production. Some areas might not offer them. Strange, not one pkg includes them, guess the factory does not want to mess with them.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
My $.02... We have leather in the 05' Avalon Touring. Really nice. I use Mcguires leather care about every 3 months and it still looks great. I really don't care for leather in a truck. You can put seat covers on cloth seats or even have them reupholstered pretty cheap. Leather seems to squeek and creak after a few years and gets the memory creases like a pair of shoes. I sleep in my truck, when on the road, and cloth seats are the next best thing to a real bed. I just put a beach towel on the back seat to haul the dog. His nails would leave marks in a leather seat. So...if you want luxury (sp)? go for the leather. If you want function go with cloth. Either way you are going to love your new truck. Enjoy!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have leather in my 07' and love it! I like the heated seats and the ability to clean the seat easily. Plus, I think the leather gives it a more classy look IMHO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Upgraded to leather in my 04 4runner and was the worst decision I ever made. Slippery, cracks if not cared for, hot, cold but does resist dirt and spills better. On my new Tundra I never even thought about putting leather in it. Spend the money on something else for the truck like the floor liners and a spray in bed-liner.

Where the hell did I miss the fender flares as an option? My Dad's 03 looks great with those compared to those without. Can someone post a pic?
I have not seen them personallyon this truck, but on the truck that I ordered it says fenderflares\chrome tubes as a $ 1240 option. I think here in Mobile, AL I have seen them maybe on a truck with the BBS factory rims without the TRD package. It was on a dealer lot when it cought my eye.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There was a post on here a while back that had pictures of the fender flares on different color trucks. Do a search for it if you want to see them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never had leather and never wanted it, but I ordered my CM with leather because I am not crazy about the cloth pattern.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have never owned a car or truck with leather so I'm interested in the opportunity to do so now. However, I'm concerned about the sliding around. I have low back problems which are exacerbated by sliding forward in the seat. Cloth does grips much better. Perhaps I'm just thinking about how I feel in a leather couch. Anyone have any comments on this? I'd love to give leather a try this time.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have never owned a car or truck with leather so I'm interested in the opportunity to do so now. However, I'm concerned about the sliding around. I have low back problems which are exacerbated by sliding forward in the seat. Cloth does grips much better. Perhaps I'm just thinking about how I feel in a leather couch. Anyone have any comments on this? I'd love to give leather a try this time.
I have back trouble as well which is exactly the reason I choose leather. The leather seats are heated which is really nice on long rides or winter time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Leather is the only way to go! Makes your vehicle that much more luxurious...

I had cars with cloth up a few years ago and got my 4-Runner Limited, which has leather seats and OHHH man-- and Ill NEVER go back to cloth. The wife has her RX330 of course leather as well--just all around very nice.

Leather cleans up easy
wears better
doesnt hold smells
heated seats
adds value to car/truck

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The old man has leather in his 03 F-250 and finds nothing special about it. It has a good price tag when he bought it used.

Leather is fine and all for a lot of cars but for a truck, I would say it's a waste. Now understand this is just my opinion so of course others will disagree but It's what almost 1500 dollars extra?! Just so later down the road it'll crack and look terrible if not taken care of?

Cloth is quite simply easier to maintain. It's care free when compared to leather. No extreme cold of heat depending on season and no cracking.

Just site and drive. Save that money and buy something nice for your wife so she's not pi$$ed at you for buying a $40,000 truck.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am placing my order for a DC 5.7 TRD package Tundra this week. I already have added a couple options like rear sensors and fender flares as well as tube style steps. Should I go with the leather or not? It is the Slate Metallic, with Black Cloth so far. I just cant see putting 1450 in leather. What do you guys think?:td: :tu:

I paid 1000.00 on the sticker (less 6%) as a port added option for my leather. You can get them aftermarket for less and rumor is they have thicker leather, not sure if thats true. I would be wary of the installer, as I had friend who couldn't open his doors after having an expert installer add them to his '07 Camry.

Personal preference as you could get alot of other options for 1k. First truck I have owned with leather and I am very happy I got it. Sure it won't hurt resale value and they will be seeing alot of Mcguires.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts