Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to say that I don't own, work for or affiliated with this company. I found my shifter knob from him on ebay. They did incredible work and the transaction was smooth. I've had a couple of people ask me about this and one suggested I post a thread about it, so here it is. They do shift knobs, steering wheels, emergency brake grips and other interior items. I've included a couple pictures of the shift knob I bought from him. Hope this helps!

Company is called: "Dallas Custom Steering Wheel" www.dallassteeringwheel.com

View attachment 52376
View attachment 52377

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
First of all I want to say that I don't own, work for or affiliated with this company. I found my shifter knob from him on ebay. They did incredible work and the transaction was smooth. I've had a couple of people ask me about this and one suggested I post a thread about it, so here it is. They do shift knobs, steering wheels, emergency brake grips and other interior items. I've included a couple pictures of the shift knob I bought from him. Hope this helps!

Company is called: "Dallas Custom Steering Wheel" www.dallassteeringwheel.com

View attachment 52376
View attachment 52377
I couldn't access the attached pictures...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Basically they take your shifter, console cover or steering wheel and wrap it in leather. It's really cool. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that do exactly the same thing but this place has a website with their work. I plan to have my shifter covered and possibly the other things too down the road. Here are some pics from their website.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Basically they take your shifter, console cover or steering wheel and wrap it in leather. It's really cool. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that do exactly the same thing but this place has a website with their work. I plan to have my shifter covered and possibly the other things too down the road. Here are some pics from their website.

[
Those look really good actually. The shifter would sure be a nice alliterative to the limited style one. :tu:

Thanks for the help MaylonTRD!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Those look really good actually. The shifter would sure be a nice alliterative to the limited style one. :tu:

Thanks for the help MaylonTRD!
No problem, I was the one that suggested that he post this. This was a very good find IMO. He found it on ebay bought one and now he is sending his OEM shifter back for a credit he said. Again, great find and I plan to be a customer of this place. I would love to have my steering wheel wrapped in leather. Don't know the cost though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on the price for the leather wheel and shifter>>?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
The OP bought the shifter on Ebay but I guess he never told me how much he paid. Hopefully he'll come back and answer soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The OP bought the shifter on Ebay but I guess he never told me how much he paid. Hopefully he'll come back and answer soon.

My shifter was $125 plus shipping, plus when he receives my shift knob he'll give me a credit. The steering wheels I think are in the mid to upper $300 range, but don't quote me. It really is superior workmanship.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

My shifter was $125 plus shipping, plus when he receives my shift knob he'll give me a credit. The steering wheels I think are in the mid to upper $300 range, but don't quote me. It really is superior workmanship.
So it was $125 minus the credit for the shifter? I'm just interested in the total cost to you in the end. I didn't realize it was that much....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
So it was $125 minus the credit for the shifter? I'm just interested in the total cost to you in the end. I didn't realize it was that much....
Yea that does seem a bit hight but hopefully with a price like that you do get real superior quality...id expect nothing less.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yea that does seem a bit hight but hopefully with a price like that you do get real superior quality...id expect nothing less.
It just seems high since they are essentially using your shifter to cover it. All your buying is the leather and the labor. Just seems kind of high. It would be cool if you could get one covered like that, that was shorter. I'm not a fan of how big it is. I think for that price I might just get a limited shifter like you got. If you end up getting one of these keep me in mind and I will probably buy that limited shifter from you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It just seems high since they are essentially using your shifter to cover it. All your buying is the leather and the labor. Just seems kind of high. It would be cool if you could get one covered like that, that was shorter. I'm not a fan of how big it is. I think for that price I might just get a limited shifter like you got. If you end up getting one of these keep me in mind and I will probably buy that limited shifter from you.

UPDATE: I retured my non-leather shift knob and received a $50 credit, so it nets out to $75 plust shipping. He issued the credit to my paypal account the same day he received it. Think I'm going to have him do the door panel inserts and center console cover in leather.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Nice find, keep us posted on the console cover which would be nice for the guys that have added leather and wanted to get a closer match to their seats.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
UPDATE: I retured my non-leather shift knob and received a $50 credit, so it nets out to $75 plust shipping. He issued the credit to my paypal account the same day he received it. Think I'm going to have him do the door panel inserts and center console cover in leather.
Yeah $75 doesn't seem nearly as bad. Thanks for the update

1 - 15 of 15 Posts