Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2006 Tundra Doublecab)When I turn the AC on, there is the sound of leaves, etc coming from down by the fan blower. I removed the blower and there was nothing in it. I attempted to stick a small vacuum cleaner hose in the airbox to the left of the blower but wasn't very successful. I also tried to blow backwards through the vents with my shopvac. I reinstalled the blower and the problem is still there. I'm convinced it's in the black plastic box that the blower blows into. Is it possible to access that thing to clean it out? I'm tempted to go at it with a hole saw. Nice truck but why the heck did they not put a cabin air filter in them!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a mouse build a nest in my blower and of course I turned it on before I knew it was in there and shot crap all over the inside of my vents. I got most of it out with a shop vac, but there is still some stuff in there, I hear it every time I blast the fan. I've just learn to live with the fact that I'll never get it all out without tearing apart most of the front of the truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I was able to answer my own question. I got 99 percent of the crud out of my evaporator box bt removing the glovebox and removing the teo screws that are right ther behind the glovebox. They are securing a resistor to the evap box. With the scres removed and the resistor pull out, you end up with access that is about 1" x 2". I taped an 18" piece of garden hose to my shopvac hose and was able to suck out the leaves, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts