Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, sorry this will be a little longer but I want to give you the whole story so I can get the best help. I have a 2008 Tundra, first Toyota I've ever bought by the way, love it! Just over a year ago I put two small flat LED lights under the back bumper and wired it right to my backup light. Only want it for backing up. They were cheap ones so they just started going bad after a year. I just bought two better ones 6 in flat and mounted them and ran all new wire and connected it to my backup light wire. It worked great for a day then it blew the fuse. I replace the fuse it works again for a day so I replaced the fuse again with a 15 amp instead of a 10 amp just to see if it was drawing a little more power. It worked for about an hour now my LED lights do not come on at all but my truck backup lights are dim and the fuse is not blown. What is going on and why are these new ones acting completely different than the old ones? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I would check for a bad ground, I know that Toyota's need to be grounded real well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts