Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Tundra AC and was wondering about Led Lighting. I did the Map Light Mod and it is awesome because it puts out so much more light and it was free and easy to do. :) :tu: I would like to get LED's for the map light, dome light, the 2 doors, the licence plate and maybe even the instrument cluster. Can you get Led's for this model tundra or only the 2nd gen tundras? what size and part do i need? where can i buy them? I am new to TundraSolutions and i love the site, support,great information and the fun i get from it. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BobbyB, do you just change the bulbs or do you have to change wires and everything? i looked on that website and also vleds.com and i think ima go with 6k white

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just changed all my lights to leds.. Some of the sizes are off need a 29mm for dome light u can fit a 31mm but 29 fits better for me the Cluster PRND2L over drive are type B (t4) size..14 - 74s u can change. 8 Neowedges. 2- 24s ,10- 194s. the Ac area 2-74s and 3-194s.. hope it helps just pull the cluster out and play with before u order u can just take the green things off the lights blubs to start and get a list of what u want to change.. V-leds has tons of stuff but alot out of stock right now,autolumination.com has tons of stuff ive ordered from them and all was well.. LEDs are like crack watch out next thing u know u spent it all on LEDZ hahaha..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i see it is plug and play

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dubztundra, did you order all from vleds?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I ordered all my LEDs from ebay, looks great, and came out to less than $15

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you take out the dome light bulb and the map light bulbs? i got the cover off but i dont know how to take out the bulbs and i dont want to break them:frustrated3d:

·
2015 Tundra TRD Silver
103 Posts
YOU can take a small flat screwdriver and pry under one end of each bulb to remove the dome and map bulbs; pry out ward. Once you get one end of any such bulb free, you can pull the bulb out with your fingers. I also, bought most of my LED and SMD bulbs on Ebay and saved alot that way. If you change out signal light bulbs to wedge LED bulbs, you may run into the problem of your turn signals flashing to fast. In that case, you will need a couple of load power resistors or you can buy a LED flasher for Tundras. Should you need power resistors there is information on this forum about how to calculate the size of load resistors to use. I changed out all my speedometer cluster bulbs to LEDS except for the gear indicator bulbs (P,R,N,D,1,2,L) which require special bulbs with special bases. Hope this helps you some. Take care. mlowder
160 amp Alternator Denso, Gator Belt, Flex-A-Lite Dual #775 Electric Radiator Fans, KYB front Shocks,
Rancho Rear Shocks, Sony Explod Front Speakers with Tweeters 6.5 ", Nitro Rear Speakers 6.5",
Drilled and Slotted Front Brake Rotors, 194 Instrument Panel LEDs, LED Door Courtesy Lights,
Blue Glow Instrument Panel, Pioneer Avic-Z130BT Radio HU DVD/CD, GPS, SD, Iphone Connection 2000w Icon Amp,
Kleen Wheels Brake Dust Shields Front and Rear, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator From Under Dog Racing,
Chrome Stainless Steel Radiator Hose from Summit Racing, Stainless Steel Brake Lines 2" Extended,
VIPER 5902 Remote Start System, Mod - Automatic Lock/Unlock Tailgate with key fob,
BAK-FLIP BED cover 4 section, Mod - 5" x 5" opening in brush guard to allow filter removal
without removing brush guard.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks dude! your awesome!:D:tu::D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks mlowder:tu: i will be geting led bulbs from ebay soon and will do what you said to get the old bulbs out.

I was wondering if you know anything about trd parts that came on first gen tundras? i want to get them because i have SR5 package

Also, how did you do the lock/unlock tailgate mod? that sound sweet

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you change out the door courtesy lights and also the liscence plate lights?:confused:

also how did you do the auto/unlock tailgate mod?:confused:

Thanks dude!!:tu:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you change out ac and other bulbs in the center dash? how do you get to the center dash?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
all you have to do is swap out the lights. since the original bulbd have the green film on it i went back with green heres a shot of my dash with the leds. Speedometer Light Gauge Odometer Auto part

also when you order your leds of ebay look for the smd leds they put out a more even brighter light. and leave less dim spots in the dash then the bulb looking leds. your ac panel comes off with 5 screws. one at the top of each vent. tilt it all the way up and u will see them. and 3 under each knob. simply pull them off and tou will see the screw. afte that just simply pull it off
for the dash lights i ordered 4-5 t10 bulbs (the i think are interchangable with the 194s and 921s and all that i think. but u will need 1 t5 which covers half of the speedo.

Reactions: Flash59

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i really want to do blue dash lights and hvac panels. where can i get blue covers? where do the T10 bulbs go and where does the T5 bulb go? what size bulbs for the hvac? how do you change the license plate bulbs and how do you change the door/ courtesy bulbs? :confused:

Thanks!:ts::beavbutt:

·
Registered
688 Posts
i really want to do blue dash lights and hvac panels. where can i get blue covers? where do the T10 bulbs go and where does the T5 bulb go? what size bulbs for the hvac? how do you change the license plate bulbs and how do you change the door/ courtesy bulbs? :confused:

Thanks!:ts::beavbutt:
For the courtesy lights, you have to pull off the door panel.
For the license plate's, if I remember correctly they clip in, and if you look behind the bumper there are two clips and the assembly pops out.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
For the courtesy lights, you have to pull off the door panel.
For the license plate's, if I remember correctly they clip in, and if you look behind the bumper there are two clips and the assembly pops out.
actually i was able to pop the little plastci cover off the courtesy lights with a flat head.
i only used i think 3 t10 bulbs in the dash, 1 for the oil pressure and engine temp, 1 for tach, 1 t5 and 1 t10 for the speedo, and 1 for the voltage and fuel gauge. i thinkin the ac panel only swapped 3 t10 bulb. its been so long i dont remember.
to get blue u may need to do some sanding on the back of your cluster display. i think there is a thread that talks about it. there is a green tint to the back of them and it requires a light sanding to get the green off and make it white. then you just put your blue leds and ur good. (i think do the research before taking my sanding advice)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what size bulbs for the hvac panel? and where are they located? i took off the plate and had access but did not know where bulbs go

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
what size bulbs for the hvac panel? and where are they located? i took off the plate and had access but did not know where bulbs go
what is the hvac?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.