Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 crew cab Tundra and recently switch the exterior and interior lights to LEDs. I've read through numerous of these posts prior to hopefully set myself up with success but ran into one issue I've yet to find the solution to. After installing the front blinker led lights with 60w resistors they seemed to work just fine. Both came on. When I flipped the switch to parking lights or all the way on...the ambers still work but when I flip the blinker on they don't blink, they stay solid. If the lights are all the way off (just the front amber DRLs on) they work fine as a blinker (no hyper flash) as well as the hazards blink just fine and when I lock and unlock my truck they flash.

I like the look and what not but i figured I should try and figure out the solution before it becomes a problem.

Thanks for the help!

·
Automotive Lighting Experts
286 Posts
I would check your wiring. Sounds like you may have tapped the running light wire vs. the turn signal wire

Also, check the pin-alignment to make sure the turn signal LEDs are making contact with the metal tabs in the socket. You may not have the bulbs seated in the socket properly, which would cause them not to blink correctly

Nick C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'll try checking the metal tabs today. As far as the wiring in 99% sure I tapped into the ground and positive wire as I was instructed to. I just thought it was weird that they didn't blink when the light switch was turned to the pairing light setting or headlights on. They blink with everything else (lights off, key fob activation, hazards)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts