Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am about to convert to LED's. I am going to be purchasing front and rear led turn signals and was wondering if I will lose my flash confirm when I lock my truck.

I read on V-leds.com that the new FLASHER will not allow the flash confirm to work. I already know this.....thats not my question.

I am NOT installing the flasher but instead installing the resistors. If there anyone else that has installed resistors on their 07+ tundra and could tell me if the flash confirm lock will still work with the resistors?

Also, on top of that last question, if i get the Switchback LEDS will the flash confirm lock work as well?

Thanks,
-CP-

·
Registered
379 Posts
The idea behind the resistors is that they make the low resistance LED "bulb" look like a regular incandescent to the trucks existing systems. Adding the LEDs and resistors will not change any existing functions on the truck. Changing the flasher would be a different story, especially if you have a tow package.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If it helps, here's a pic of my VLED Flasher -- in the pic you can see the yellow flash when the other remains white. When not flashing, both are white... I have the resistors installed that are mentioned previously.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
08SalsaMax ---- When your truck is sitting in your driveway, and you press lock on your keys to set your alarm, do your parking lights still FLASH?

If they do, do they flash white, or amber?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have three sets of parking lights...... All three sets flash. The OEMs flash white and the two on the bull-bar flash white and amber. When I remote start it, you get the same effect..... Hope this helps...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like that look as well Salsa, but when I talked to V-Led's I was told that my 2010 would not work even with a resistor, I'd have to get a different flasher from Toyota. If I could verify that it would work with the resisters (which is the same you want it to), I'd make the switch. Do you, or anyone, know if the 2010 would function with the resister. I was also told my that if I put in the LEDs and turned on my running lights they'd burn out my LEDs...trying to avoid that! Appreciate anyone's experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts