Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atention Mod Squad.....................

Wiring Help!!!!!!

Im trying to wire in some leds under the dash, seats and behind flip seat mod on 2008 DC. I would like the new ones to react the same way the stock over head map lights do. On with the doors, off with the key, fade, then on with dash switch etc. Ive read a ton and only have been able to find stuff that uses just an on off switch. Is there an easy way to tap into the circuit that controls the over head maps to run the new ones. Would i need fresh power and a relay? im just putting in 6leds with 4 or 6 bulbs on each strip from v-leds. Any Ideas would be great.

thanks

Slate

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
If you tap into the same circuit that powers the map bulbs, you have to make sure the overall current consumption (existing incandescent bulbs plus added LED bulbs) do not exceed the fuse rating. Normally LEDs have very low current drain, but you are adding a fair number of them, and without knowing specifically which ones you are adding, it might be a good idea to add up all the currents as stated. If however you decided to replace the map bulbs with LEDs also, you stand a greater chance of staying below the fuse rating. :heh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Creo

I did switch the maps out. There are four sockets(two front and two rear--double cab) and I put in 2 leds(bulbs) per spot. Does anyone know where this might be behind the dash so i dont have to run the wires up the sail panels? The on off switch on the dash looks like a bowl of spagetti but i guess i can throw a volt meter on it and splice in there correct?

thanks again for the reply.
slate

·
Banned
73 Posts
If you use footwell light, you could put them on their own switch, use one of the blanks to mount the switch on.

That way they would work with the key fob, and you could turn them off and on while driving.
Also they couldn't be left on and drain your battery by accident.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts