Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I installed a bunch of LED lights (map/dome/cluster) this weekend and I am now having trouble with the truck's power. As I came to a stop at a light, the truck completely lost power and turned off, and the check engine light came on. I then re-started, and it stayed on but just barely, whenever I would take my foot off of the accelerator it would idle really low, and feel like it was about to turn off. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

ST

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Have you tried reinstalling the incandescent bulbs to see if that is really the problem? A couple (even a hundred) LEDs shouldn't load the power system down that much. I would think it would blow a fuse first. Did you do any other mods?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I installed a bunch of LED lights (map/dome/cluster) this weekend and I am now having trouble with the truck's power. A
Installing LEDs reduces the overall resistance of the circuits that was provided by the filaments of the bulbs you replaced. This may cause some internal circuits to appear "open" and remain powered (e.g., the door open light will stay on, etc.). In turn, this may run your battery down faster. That is the only connection I can logically conclude between LEDs causing loss of power while driving. And it's a stretch at best.

How long ago did you put the LEDs in and how long had the truck been sitting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts