Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm sitting here on the TS forum and wondering what question I can post. Then I thought of one, the accelerator pedal on my 05 DC usually wears out my leg driving in/around town. On the highway, there would be no way I could drive without my cruise on. Don't get me wrong, it's not extremely difficult, but it is something I notice. And since I jog several times a week, I'd like to believe that my legs are not weak!!!! Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their 05's. Are there any cables anywhere that I can check or lubricate? Thanks,

·
Registered
831 Posts
Damn, i've never had that problem. Maybe you are positioning your foot at a funny angle?

I know my '06 is fly-by-wire, meaning no throttle cable. Should just be a spring and a sensor on the pedal assembly, but I haven't taken a look at it to verify what they are actually using down there.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Is it just after you jog or all the time?

I jog about 2-3 times a week and my legs and joints do hurt afterward which can be a little painful for the drive home but nothing severe. You're truck should have the fly-by-wire, which my truck has the cable which runs from the pedal to a TPS and then to a solenoid which opens the throttle plate. Yours has the sensor in the pedal assembly which then sends a signal to the solenoid. Maybe some dirt has gotten into the pedal assembly and making it more difficult to push the pedal down. You can try removing it and cleaning it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think the seat position and throttle position are very poor. This is the biggest complaint on my '04 DC. I'm going to look into replacing the seat with a later model with vertical adjustment.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
that's a simple one...youre pushing too hard...;)

Do you have the adjustable seats?
have you tried reducing the angle of the seat front? maybe it is a blood flow thing...

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Excercize !!!!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Do you notice whether or not your mpg increases when it hurts? :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a piece of foam under the carpet which puts your foot at an awkward angle. If you are more than 4 feet tall it makes a heck of a difference when you take it out. Lift the carpet and tear out that piece of stuffing and your foot will now be at the proper angle. The carpet should be reformed flatter with some water and a weight to hold it down overnight. There is no sound difference. Also the pedal hits the floor at the wrong angle and if you trim it ,you will have a little more throttle. I've done this to my 06 because of the terribly cramped leg when long distance driving and a little more pedal travel. high sierra

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appreciate all the comments. But to sum it up.....compared to the accelerator in my wife's G35, mine is much more difficult to press down. I don't think it's an "angle" thing. It's almost as though I'm having to literally hold the pedal down. Although they are now two totally different trucks, I test drove a 07 CM and the accelerator pedal was silky smooth.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I noticed the same thing on mine...however it is becuase the padding has worn down to nothing. That is a good idea about the foam under the mat. I will have to do that. My other thing is that being in South Florida, and working less then 20 feet from the ocean, I wear flip flops daily:D. I find it easier to kick my flip flops to the side and drive barefoot. It is funny that when I do drive with shoes on I drive about 5 MPH faster.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
My gas pedal doesn't offer any resistance at all which I don't like. With a cable at least I could tell by the increased spring resistance that I was standing on it. With dbw it's hard for me to tell just how much throttle I'm applying until I feel the pedal bottom out. I want more resistance when I press on the gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts