Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed clear corner lenses on my 02 Tundra and they look great!!:D But now I can really see how foggy my headlights are. Can anyone recommend a really good lens cleaner or anything that will get them nice and clear like my new corners? Thanks.

ST

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Hey guys, I just installed clear corner lenses on my 02 Tundra and they look great!!:D But now I can really see how foggy my headlights are. Can anyone recommend a really good lens cleaner or anything that will get them nice and clear like my new corners? Thanks.

ST

Some say toothpaste, some say brasso and #0000 steel wool. I say just use a paint or plastic polish to polish out the haze and fog. I recomend Plastic-X, it works wonders on plastic headlights.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
About 3 years ago a buddy of mine wanted me to try this technique we heard about to clean plastic headlights. It involved wet sanding and an oven. We took apart the lens from the car and placed it in the oven at 250 degrees for about 5 mins. to seperate the glue. Once that was done we wet sanded the lenses inside and out going to finer and finer paper. Once we sanded our last piece we used Einzettes PP and then stepped down to MP. Worked great and the lenses looked like new.

I know its a little overkill than some might want to do, but we had nothing to lose as it was an old car and we were eager to learn a new technique. Just an idea for you. I have pictures of this somewhere on a backup disc, I'll try and dig them up this week.

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
I second PlastX...:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts