Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That bottle looks > 10 lbs?
It's just the angle at which the photograph was taken. It's a 10 pounder.

I found it on craigslist. It's missing the feed line from the bottle, jets and nozzle. It does include both solenoids plus purge, wires, relay, switch, fuel line, and hoses from the solenoids to the nozzle.
I brought it home this afternoon.

·
Registered
823 Posts
DO IT and then tell us how amazingly kool it was.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
You bought it - You MUST install it !!!!!!!!! Keep us posted :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I think you are the third person to post pictures like this and I've yet to see anyone follow through with it. Maybe I'm wrong but I will be subscribing and I hope you do it!!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
:nuke::selfdestruct:

LOL DO IT!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am having trouble figuring out where to mount that big-arse 10 lb bottle. I may trade for a 5 pounder before this is all over. Right now, it looks like it's going to have to go behind the rear seat. Good thing I did that fold down rear seat mod. :cool:

Time to start looking for a remote bottle opener. I'm not calling time out every time I need to crawl in the back seat to open the valve. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
WOW! I would love to see your quarter mile times, video of your truck racing, and a video of you MPH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
how large of a shot do you plan on running? ive never really understood why people use nitrous, not that ive had much experience with it but i did have a customer with a 5.0 mustang running a 100 shot and im not gunna lie when i say i couldnt notice the difference with or without it. im interested to see what it can do with our 5.7's

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how large of a shot do you plan on running? ive never really understood why people use nitrous, not that ive had much experience with it but i did have a customer with a 5.0 mustang running a 100 shot and im not gunna lie when i say i couldnt notice the difference with or without it. im interested to see what it can do with our 5.7's
If you didn't see a difference, something was not working. Turning a 300hp mustang into a near 400 hp mustang should get your attention. My guess is that he was losing fuel pressure when the solenoids opened.
You should start small and work your way up. Get the system working first, then build more power with it. I was going to start with a 50, but the nozzle I needed came with jets for a 75. I'd like to buy several fuel and nitrous jets to fine tune it with. A guy on ebay sells them in sets of 8. I'll be adding a wideband O2 to monitor my A/F ratio. I'd like to set it up rich, then lean it out until I reach the optimum mixture. I also plan on having it dyno'd by a nitrous friendly shop so they can suggest jet sizes.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I am having trouble figuring out where to mount that big-arse 10 lb bottle. I may trade for a 5 pounder before this is all over. Right now, it looks like it's going to have to go behind the rear seat. Good thing I did that fold down rear seat mod. :cool:

Time to start looking for a remote bottle opener. I'm not calling time out every time I need to crawl in the back seat to open the valve. :rolleyes:
Mount it such that the total length of the line is as short as possible. This is to minimize the time between solenoid engagement and actual nitrous flow into the engine, i.e. delay needed to purge air out of the line. If for example you had the bottle in the console and the line went directly through the firewall to the solenoid(s), you can usually get away without purging hardware. If you mount the bottle in the box with a remote valve you will definitely need to purge several seconds.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mount it such that the total length of the line is as short as possible. This is to minimize the time between solenoid engagement and actual nitrous flow into the engine, i.e. delay needed to purge air out of the line. If for example you had the bottle in the console and the line went directly through the firewall to the solenoid(s), you can usually get away without purging hardware. If you mount the bottle in the box with a remote valve you will definitely need to purge several seconds.
Came with a purge valve/solenoid. Bonus! :D That's why I wasn't too concerned with mounting it way back there. I don't plan on using it very often, so purging isn't a big deal for me. I have considered using 3/16 steel brake line and flare it to 37 degrees for AN. I read somewhere that it has less volume inside the tube and helps relieve the issue of flow characteristics over longer than normal distances. Ever heard of this?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Sweet! I wonder if this would void our warranty? :confuseda: JK of course, looking forward to seeing the results.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts