Toyota Tundra Forums banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just stopped in to the Toyota dealer today to get the airbags replaced and get a quote for a timing belt and have a look at the gauge pod since tack, speedo, and odo stopped working yesterday. They wanted 1100 on the belt and waterpump, 1300 on a new instrument pod (the whole thing...). I might drive sans gauges until I get the check engine light and limp mode. Anyhow, it's not enough to dampen my enthusiasm for my 1st gen '03.

The parts manager has a 1st gen with a spacer lift and 285 70 16's I grabbed a shot of next to my new to me '03.
Had the timing belt, water pump, idler pulleys, etc done along with the serpentine belt. Glad to have done it as it was the original belt. Now to think about 5100's and rear springs for the 275 or 285 70 17 look. Mostly highway miles, but want to be able to off road mild trails too.

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
$1100 is pretty standard for the timing belt / water pump service.
Honestly, I've heard of places quoting $1600 or more...

I picked up the ACDelco set for $175 from RockAuto... It included everything.
(More Information for ACDELCO TCKWP298)
FWIW: You can buy the EXACT same components Toyota sells (in kit form - Aisin pump, Mitsuboshi belt [correct spelling], Koyo bearings, NTN tensioner) from Aisin. It's an Aisin TKT-021 kit, and on Amazon, it runs about the same as the AC Delco kit. AC usually has pretty good parts, but personally, I'd rather have the parts that would otherwise come in Toyota boxes.

Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
FWIW: You can buy the EXACT same components Toyota sells (in kit form - Aisin pump, Mitsuboshi belt [correct spelling], Koyo bearings, NTN tensioner) from Aisin. It's an Aisin TKT-021 kit, and on Amazon, it runs about the same as the AC Delco kit. AC usually has pretty good parts, but personally, I'd rather have the parts that would otherwise come in Toyota boxes.

Just my $0.02 worth.
That's the kit I had installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Just my $0.02 worth.
Yup, I saw that kit... currently on RockAuto for $160.
I didn't recognize the name and wasn't aware that is what came in it originally.
I've used ACDelco stuff for decades and knew I could trust them, so that's what I got.
Thanks for the info, I'll file that away for the next 90k miles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2004 Sequoia, no lift, 2 1/2 wheel adapter with Rock Warrior Rims and 285s. I love them! Had to take off the front mud flaps.
Lookin purdy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, I know I posted a couple weeks back I just bought a new (to me) 02 LTD Sequoia, well I put a lot of research and work into her, but here's my before and after shots:

From the Day we bought it:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
To almost exactly 3 weeks later, a few busted knuckles, a couple thousand dollars, a few 12 packs dusted and some swear words being thrown around:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great!
Thank you!! Looking for hidden winch setups and I Plan on doing a header swap soon maybe full exhaust (don’t want loud by any means, just want the manifold tick to disappear and some slight growl at take off)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm interested to see what you do for exhaust. I do miss the roar of my 5.7 with a full system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
05' 4x4 Limited on 34's w/ 3" lift.
5100's and OME 2885 up front w/ a tiny bit of cutting and Spidertrax 1.25 spacers to make 285/75/17 on ProComp 97's fit.
In the rear I removed the AHC and installed OME 2865's with Rancho 9000's

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are these the correct rear springs for a 2005 sequoia, do they lift the truck?

2862 ARB Rear Pair of Old Man Emu Coil Springs Fits Toyota Landcruiser

Goal, 3" front, 1" rear.. no drama... heavier duty rear springs would be a plus for sure.

have new 5100's for the front but thinking i will go 3" spacers and of course transfer case drop, also 1.25" wheel spacers.

right now have 265/70/17 on the truck and she looks decent but want what i am seeing in this thread, some really nice rides for sure!

·
Registered
46 Posts
have new 5100's for the front but thinking i will go 3" spacers and of course transfer case drop, also 1.25" wheel spacers.

If you already have the 5100's for the front, I'd probably just use them rather than spacers.

If you looking for 3" of lift in the front, you may not need wheel spacers at all, depending on the tire size you go with and wheel offset.

I ended up with 3.25" inches of total lift in the front running 33" tires with -6 offset wheels without spacers and zero rub.

Best of luck and post plenty of pictures!

281 - 300 of 327 Posts
About this Discussion
326 Replies
148 Participants
Geauxteajay
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing