Toyota Tundra Forums banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
05' 4x4 Limited on 34's w/ 3" lift.
5100's and OME 2885 up front w/ a tiny bit of cutting and Spidertrax 1.25 spacers to make 285/75/17 on ProComp 97's fit.
In the rear I removed the AHC and installed OME 2865's with Rancho 9000's

So clean, this one is really one of my favorites thats been posted

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure why, but everything that can go wrong has, with this lift job.. At odds end, as with the spacers and the bilstein 5100 on the lowest setting, there is no way to get the upper ball joint nut on, and there is zero clearance on the inner hub to the spring. Barring me being sent the wrong parts not sure what the hell is wrong.

reconfirmed the parts # on the bilsteins, and that is good.
Spacers are the correct ones
So as to why even with a floor jack cannot get the upper ball joint back together, a bit dumbfounded.
Trued putting on the wheel and using the vehicle weight and even that didn't work.

Is there something i am missing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
there is no way to get the upper ball joint nut on, and there is zero clearance on the inner hub to the spring. Barring me being sent the wrong parts not sure what the hell is wrong.
Hopefully you've got it figured out by now...

IIRC, I just inserted a crowbar under one of the spring coils and over the upper control arm for leverage to push it down closer to the upper ball joint.
Just enough to get the nut started a few turns was all it took.
I don't think it took much effort at all.
If it is taking that much effort, then something is likely in a bind somewhere.

The real PITA for me was pressing the old ball joint out and the new one in.
Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just finished my rig..

Tires: BFG KO2 285/70/17
Wheels: FN Wheels Five Star 17x8.5 -6mm offset Matte Bronze
Front: OME2885 x 1 Pair Coil Springs & OME90004 x 2 Front Shock Absorbers
Rear Suspension: OME2862 x 1 Pair Rear Coil Springs & OME60020L x 2 Rear Shock Absorbers
Other: Total Chaos - 1" Diff drop

I had some rubbing on the front driver's side, but after removing mud flaps thats no longer an issue and no need for wheel spacers with that offset.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just finished my rig..

Rear Suspension: OME2862 x 1 Pair Rear Coil Springs & OME60020L x 2 Rear Shock Absorbers

I had some rubbing on the front driver's side, but after removing mud flaps thats no longer an issue and no need for wheel spacers with that offset.

Very nice! I just received my pair of 2885 springs. Pretty excited to replace the stock ones with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, have any of you had more issues with rock chips in your windshield since you lifted your trucks? I just upgraded from a 3” spacer lift to the Boss kit with Toytec coilovers, old man EMU springs, Boss rear shocks and new UCAs and absolutely love it. I started getting chips with the spacer lift but now I seem to get more cracks in my windshield. I added a bug deflector at the same time so I’m not sure if that is the culprit… Jacksonville does have a lot of construction but I’m about to put in my 4th windshield. No, I don’t follow too closely either… these happen when I'm further back from cars/trucks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished my rig..

Ohh, do I know you? :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just put some 35x12.50x17 Toyo RT's on my truck yesterday. They ride great!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
More pics of this one please. 35s on stock wheels nice PADRON

Thanks, I added a few pics. Someday I'll get new wheels...going in for an alignment today. New tires fit well after some clearancing.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really happy with my new Bilstien setup. With almost 200k, my old shocks & struts were done.
Went on a mild off road adventure last week and the tree performed better than I was expecting.

My set up:

2 X BIL 33-187174 5100 SERIES FJ CRUISER REAR SHOCKS
2 X BIL 24-188265 5100 SERIES TUNDRA/SEQUOIA FRONT SHOCKS
PAIR ARB 2862 REAR COILS
Toytec Diff Drop kit
Falken Wildpeak A/T 265/65/17 I cannot go to a bigger tire at the moment as I live in a condo and have to park in a garage. The roof rails just touch the garage door when pulling in.
I'll go to bigger tire once we move elsewhere with different parking arrangements.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
05' 4x4 Limited on 34's w/ 3" lift.
5100's and OME 2885 up front w/ a tiny bit of cutting and Spidertrax 1.25 spacers to make 285/75/17 on ProComp 97's fit.
In the rear I removed the AHC and installed OME 2865's with Rancho 9000's

What is your back spacing? I have 5100 all around with the front on top notch and used 5862 on rears to get about a 3 inch lift and Im using 20x9 -12 with 295/55 and get a lot of rubbing on full turn and some rubbing when backing up. Haven't done an alignment yet on these new tires yet...only after the lift... So hoping it will remedy the rubbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. I went with 20x9s with a -12 offset and my tires are 275/60r20s. They don't rub and I didn't have to trim but I'm thinking of putting one inch spacers on it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up an 02 SR5 4X4 recently. Picked up a new set of 285/70/R17s and a Daystar 2.5 lift. Will I be able to run a newer set of 4runner wheels without a wheel spacer?

301 - 320 of 327 Posts
About this Discussion
326 Replies
148 Participants
Geauxteajay
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing