Toyota Tundra Forums banner

321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday, I had a pair of Bilstein 5100 series "ride height adjustable" struts installed on the front. I am really pleased with the results. After 260K miles, the originals were pretty much done.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
2003 SR5
Front - Bilstein 5100's (4th Notch)
Rear - 100 Series Landcruiser Stock Springs
275/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM's
"Homebuilt" Sliders & Roof Rack
Spidertrax 1.25" in front and 1.5" in the rear
I really dig this. Very subtle, good work!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question on rear ride height: I'm running Bilstein 5100's on front and rear at stock height. The rear will squat when fully loaded, family of 6 with top and rear cargo boxes. Does anyone recommend a rear spring to prevent the squat? OME 2862 REAR COIL SPRINGS? Would the 2" rear lift cause any issue with stock front height? Or is there a better stock height replacement for rear spring?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question on rear ride height: I'm running Bilstein 5100's on front and rear at stock height. The rear will squat when fully loaded, family of 6 with top and rear cargo boxes. Does anyone recommend a rear spring to prevent the squat? OME 2862 REAR COIL SPRINGS? Would the 2" rear lift cause any issue with stock front height? Or is there a better stock height replacement for rear spring?
Air ride 1000... it'll lift it and make it feel so much more solid on the road when loaded... add air when loaded, remove when not... best of all worlds... I'm doing this now but with a 3k lbs trailer behind me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
03 with 3" Toytec and 33" Bigfoot XTs 20190328_081051_1553782532355.jpg

256k the size of the vehicle overall dwarfs the lift and tires. It's got a lot of clearance with welded sliders.

Mainly our ski mobile and my daily driver. It's been up Poison Spider when stock. New lift, tires, sliders at end of last season. Have wheeled some front range CO terrain on prior 5100 lift. And 33s. More than adequate fir anything I'll ever do.

Only prob, need more power to pull 2200 trailer up the passes. Any suggestions? I know a guy with a machine shop that does a lot of motor work. Maybe bore it out a little and bigger cam wheel? I dont know what I'm saying exactly. Trying to recall my conversations with him. Maybe a supercharger? Exploring options, looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the rigs look great I just got a 04 sequoia limited 4x4 and thinking about getting a lift so I can fit 32’s on it and just wondering what all would be needed that I might be forgetting I plan on this being my set up

Bilstien 5100 with ARB 2885 in the front

1inch diff drop

ARB 60071 with ARB 2865 in the back

I plan on using the stock rim which is 17x7.5 to fit a Milestar Patagonia M/T 285/70/17 with a 1.25 spacer

Is this a decent set up is there anything else that I might not be thinking of that will be needed

Plan on posting pics when I get it finished

321 - 327 of 327 Posts
About this Discussion
326 Replies
148 Participants
Geauxteajay
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing